New Router

Just got an email from Netgear that their new 6E Orbi was up for pre-order. $1500
Hold On Nuts GIF by Jeff Dunham

I was thinking of getting one for home, one for my 7' x 6' cubicle at work just so I have all corners covered and one for my car. I mean, come on guys. They aren't that expensive. They are only an RT-1250 a piece.......Like @opus I was also upset and second guessing myself for dropping over $300 on my original Orbi, which turned out to be crap, so maybe I should second guess myself and listen to myself more often..

I was thinking of getting one for home, one for my 7' x 6' cubicle at work just so I have all corners covered and one for my car. I mean, come on guys. They aren't that expensive. They are only an RT-1250 a piece.......Like @opus I was also upset and second guessing myself for dropping over $300 on my original Orbi, which turned out to be crap, so maybe I should second guess myself and listen to myself more often..
Or maybe you should be upset you didn't spend ENOUGH. Haha :D

So I am 100% for sure buying a new network. It has been a year since we originally discussed this but wanted to check in and see what is the best and easiest to use router/mesh system? I was originally looking at the Dream Machine but wondering if that is still good/easy to use? I have zero networking understanding.

I have a TP-LINK Archer AX55. I live in a pretty small house ~1800 sq ft including basement and can get 5MgHz signal throughout and the 2.5MgHz signal is still strong in my garage 50 ft away. The data transfer needed for the ReqTeq app is easily handled by the 2.5 MgHz signal.

They also offer a Mesh system called Deco, but I know nothing about it as it is not needed at my house.

I went w/ TP-LINK from being a long time Netgear owner due to customer service issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back