Bull New router and trying to reset wifi

dabgeek

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I am trying to reset my WiFi. I read that you hold down the button under the WiFi light until it blinks. I have done that for over a minute with no luck. Is there some kind of trick to the process, like the grill has to be off or can anyone assist?

Cheers!

I am trying to reset my WiFi. I read that you hold down the button under the WiFi light until it blinks. I have done that for over a minute with no luck. Is there some kind of trick to the process, like the grill has to be off or can anyone assist?

Cheers!
It took me 20 tries and about 2 hrs to connect. I tried everything I could think of. It was the combo of killing off the 5 kHz, restarting my router and changing the settings on my iPhone. Tried tons of combos, one finally worked. Now that it’s running it’s amazing. Started my 700 from in the house while I prepped the food. Stick with it. It will work.

Wow, sounds like serious pain...
I also would have deleted the app and restarted the phone, but my guess is you did most of those things. The good news is that you are up and running!
Best Greg

It took me 20 tries and about 2 hrs to connect. I tried everything I could think of. It was the combo of killing off the 5 kHz, restarting my router and changing the settings on my iPhone. Tried tons of combos, one finally worked. Now that it’s running it’s amazing. Started my 700 from in the house while I prepped the food. Stick with it. It will work.
Yeah back when I first bought mine I had to turn my GPS on to make it work. After that never had to again...

Grill only works with 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi band...you Need to get into your router settings to separate the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands.

You can have 5g on just not with the same name, yes it shouldnt matter but the grill seems to not like it. Make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4 network and you have a good signal at the grill. Outside of that should be good and for ease of changing if you simply use the same ssid and password that the grill is using, you can swap devices without the grill even noticing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back