New Recteq web site

PRC

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Is it just me or does anyone else think the new web site sucks? Trying to shop for parts and accessories is a nightmare. The old site let you shop by smoker. Now you have to go page by page looking for what you want, having to scroll through all smokers parts/accessories. What a waste of time!

Is it just me or does anyone else think the new web site sucks? Trying to shop for parts and accessories is a nightmare. The old site let you shop by smoker. Now you have to go page by page looking for what you want, having to scroll through all smokers parts/accessories. What a waste of time!
I agree ☝

I don’t mind it, it’s not like there are tons of accessories anyway. Plus, some of them fit more than one grill.

I don’t mind it, it’s not like there are tons of accessories anyway. Plus, some of them fit more than one grill.
Try looking for a part, lots of pages to go through.

I surprised by how many parts were out of stock.

This is what happens when you outsource all of your software development needs to Jr High kids who are willing to work for school credit in a money saving strategy. Makes you wonder how long until they're hit by a mediocre hacker and all of our private data as customers is compromised, doesn't it? Not a very far leap to make given the blatant disregard for all things tech and how well it works. Unreal.

Agree on the webs site, it sucks. Trying to find tech info on something, you search everything. Notice on the iPad, when you look up the dimensions you can’t get a full pic to look at everything. I was going thru the tech instructions for the 1250, it tells you how to do a factory reset, but the grill doesn’t have that in the software, wtf. Going to call RT about this, and the app.

As a comparison, I went to the Traeger website and surfed around, and then went to the Recteq website. Traeger website is better and im impressed with their recipe section, another area RecTeq lacks.

Oh well, as long as my grill continues to rock, thats my main concern

As a comparison, I went to the Traeger website and surfed around, and then went to the Recteq website. Traeger website is better and im impressed with their recipe section, another area RecTeq lacks.

Oh well, as long as my grill continues to rock, thats my main concern
Exactly. I spent only enough time on their site to buy the grill and maybe check for accessories every once in a while. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is search function for the site, it did provide results for what I searched for. I haven’t spent time on the site to say how user friendly I feel it is

Yes....Some of us one day will be "Talking about when RECTEQ was Great" Just Remembering the old days...
SAD

Disappointed in the newer controller software and the new website too. I have had my Bull, 700 more than a year. I loved it so much and was excited to add a Bullseye. I never, ever had problems with my Bull software Until they changed the softwear. I haven’t changed anything with my home internet connection, but now 75 percent of the time, it won’t complete the connection. Did all the trouble shooting with no success. One of the draws to buying one was to be able to monitor or change temps from the indoor, now it’s hassle to make the trip to the backward to do it manually. The new website is no longer user friendly. I hope RecTeq monitors this forum and will please go back to the BETTER versions that we invested in.

Companies just can’t leave their stuff alone. It’s like they all hire eighth grade gamers to go out and redo their apps and redo this and redo that and I’m sick of it.

The website is now an issue, the app is now an issue. I have the BULL, IT works great, but the app is now an issue. When they went to the new site, it seems that all the purchase history as well as the devices themselves were not transferred. This lead to me not being able to log into my 700 when I was prepping my ham this last Wednesday. It took me 45 minutes to get my grill reattached to the login and my network (I am an IT person for 30 years), this was infuriating! Then, when I tired to set the probe temps, the slider would jump around and I cannot change one of the probes from 181°. I do not EVER remember setting a probe to 181.
I hope this fiasco is just constrained to the site and the app (which REALLY needs to be revisited) and not the actual product itself.
That said, it would also be nice if you could actually purchase some of the accessories - everything useful was out of stock. I was going to get the cold smoker as a holiday gift, but it is not available.
...Tomorrow

The website is now an issue, the app is now an issue. I have the BULL, IT works great, but the app is now an issue. When they went to the new site, it seems that all the purchase history as well as the devices themselves were not transferred. This lead to me not being able to log into my 700 when I was prepping my ham this last Wednesday. It took me 45 minutes to get my grill reattached to the login and my network (I am an IT person for 30 years), this was infuriating! Then, when I tired to set the probe temps, the slider would jump around and I cannot change one of the probes from 181°. I do not EVER remember setting a probe to 181.
I hope this fiasco is just constrained to the site and the app (which REALLY needs to be revisited) and not the actual product itself.
That said, it would also be nice if you could actually purchase some of the accessories - everything useful was out of stock. I was going to get the cold smoker as a holiday gift, but it is not available.
...Tomorrow
Contact Recteq with your concerns.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back