Seafood New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
This recipe can be done on your smoker or in the oven.

INGREDIENTS:

1 ½ lb. tiger shrimp, peeled, tail on * Save shells for sauce
2 sticks unsalted butter
½ t. Black Pepper
2 T Creole Seasoning (use no salt version) + additional to sprinkle on the shrimp.
½ t. sea salt
¼ cup white wine
2 t. minced garlic
3 T Worcestershire Sauce
2 T Lemon Juice
¼ cup chopped sweet onion
2 T olive oil

DIRECTIONS:

Arrange the shrimp on a large plate or flat pan and sprinkle lightly with creole seasoning, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until it’s time to cook.

Add oil, onion and garlic to sauce pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Next add the butter and allow to melt, add everything else except the shrimp and the shrimp shells.

Bring the sauce up to a simmer, taste for heat and flavor and adjust if needed. Next add the shells and bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain the sauce, throwing away shells, allow sauce to cool.

When it time to bake, remove shrimp from refrigerator and arrange in an oven-proof casserole dish or disposable pan and pour the sauce over the shrimp.

Preheat oven or smoker to 350 degrees and bake/smoke for 20 minutes until they are pink.

Remove from oven and serve immediately. This works also great over rice, don’t forget the French bread.

Notes: I use River Road Barbecued Shrimp Seasoning no salt, I also like Andy Roo's Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Creole Seasoning with no salt. If using another brand, I would start with 2-3 t. and add more depending how hot you like it!
Enjoy Greg

Attachments

• Dinner.JPG
    Dinner.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 255
Thanks Greg. I'm putting this one on my list of "to do's."

Normally I make this recipe with 1- 2 lb. (21-25 count, peeled, tail on). But due to limited shopping I used what was in the freezer and it turned out great.
Best Greg

Thanks for a great recipe! Made this for dinner tonight. Super easy. Started the sauce on the stove and finished off on the bullseye while the rice cooked.

Attachments

• 31F1644C-B66F-468C-B255-7DE01DB2EBBB.jpeg
    31F1644C-B66F-468C-B255-7DE01DB2EBBB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • 6C22C05D-E293-4852-8163-CDAE243AB419.jpeg
    6C22C05D-E293-4852-8163-CDAE243AB419.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
Thanks for a great recipe! Made this for dinner tonight. Super easy. Started the sauce on the stove and finished off on the bullseye while the rice cooked.
Looks like it turned out great, one of our family favorites!
Best Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back