Bull New one for me.

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I very seldom have any problem with my BULL or the RT app.
Surprised to be getting this temp chart error today. I've reset, refreshed, and changed the time setting, but get the same result. Not a big deal because I'm sure it'll go back to normal next cook. Just wondering if anyone has seen this error lately?

Screenshot_20200921-144658.png

Do you have an iPhone and updated your phone to IOS14? I haven't fired up the RT since that update so don't know, but in the past IOS updates have caused issues until RT catches up.

I've been getting the "request frequency limit error" on every long cook, like for brisket. It's usually followed by a resetting of the original start time and losing the information prior to that. On my last cook, it didn't reset the start time, but instead received the message "No chart data available". Eventually, it picked back up and started recording again, but all data prior to that was lost. I finally messaged RecTeq about it and was directed to their "app guy". He said the app runs out of allotted data space and resets. He said to reset the frequency of data capture to 10 or 15 minutes on long cooks in order to not run out. The default frequency is 30 seconds which is fine for short cooks, but will run out of space on longer cooks. I also asked about dumping the data to a file which could be retrieved later. He said their wasn't any way to do that, only taking a screen capture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back