New member and owner of an RT-700

Snorebaby

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-B380X Bullseye Deluxe
Picked up my new (Scratch & Dent) RT-700 at Recteq Fest 2022 this past Saturday (10/22/22). Not new to smoking or using one as my place of work has a BFG that my shift cooks on quite often. I am just new to owning one. I have cooked on a borrowed RT-340 at the house and the butts turned out awesome. Looking forward to some great cooks on the 700.

Burned the oils off, checked calibration of the internal temp probe (with my Thermoworks Smoke) and the meat probes with an ice bath. The internal probe had a +-5* swing at 400*. Not bad at all. I did the cal while doing the burnoff. They suggest doing it at 250* but I figured if it was within spec at 400*, is should be good at the lower temps too. Meat probes were spot on.

Looking forward to some great discussions and learning all I can about the Recteq brand.

1666642430538.png

Congrats and enjoy! Glad to have you and your experience here and hope you share some of your creations.

Was always wondering since I'm not close. What kind of discount do they give on a scratch & dent and do they have the same warranty?

Any thoughts on the new hot rod Bullseye if you came across it in person?

Congrats. How did you like your RT adventure? Did it live up to the hype? Do you feel the discount for the grill made the trip worth it? Is that the dual band RT700 with the power outlets on the tray? You have made the trek many of us have on our bucket list. So many questions, so little time. haha.

Congrats and enjoy! Glad to have you and your experience here and hope you share some of your creations.

Was always wondering since I'm not close. What kind of discount do they give on a scratch & dent and do they have the same warranty?

Any thoughts on the new hot rod Bullseye if you came across it in person?

Thanks!

The discount is dependent on what kinda damage (if any) or if it has been used by them. They color code the discounts. Green is -$200, Yellow is -$400 and Red is -$600. They don't come with the pail or probes. Went to Lowe's and got the Pitboss pail and a 6 pack of aluminum liners for $13 and bought the probes while I was at Recteq ($20).

The warranty is stated as only 30 days, but we all know what kinda customer service they provide (y)

The most expensive thing to replace is the PID controller and it is only $100 I believe. With the 304 Stainless heavy gauge construction, major parts should never have to be replaced.

Looked at the new Bullseye while at the Fest. A little more "sturdy" than the older model. I liked it.

Congrats. How did you like your RT adventure? Did it live up to the hype? Do you feel the discount for the grill made the trip worth it? Is that the dual band RT700 with the power outlets on the tray? You have made the trek many of us have on our bucket list. So many questions, so little time. haha.
I haven't cooked on it yet. I am sure it will be great as the BFG we use at work is excellent.

The discount was great for me as it is just across town (15 minute trip). It all depends on what kinda S&D you are looking for. I was looking for a "new" S&D so the price was fine for me. Plus it is already assembled even though S&D's don't come with the pail or probes. Mine had a couple light scratches on the lid that I probably would have done assembling it myself.:cool:

I don't know if it is dual band and it doesn't have power outlets. I didn't see one of those.

Last edited:
It’s been nearly two years since I’ve been to recteq HQ, so things may have changed with the new ownership structure… But in the 2-3 times I have been there, if you take a NIB grill with you they had the grills $100 off just to save the ‘free’ shipping costs. You can save big on pellets picked up also-I’m fairly certain that’s how the Amazon seller(s) of recteq pellets do it.

Snortbaby, GJ,
Thanks for the information. I will definitely need to add the RT trip to my list. Until them, I will have to live vicariously through your eyes. lol.

Thanks!

The discount is dependent on what kinda damage (if any) or if it has been used by them. They color code the discounts. Green is -$200, Yellow is -$400 and Red is -$600. They don't come with the pail or probes. Went to Lowe's and got the Pitboss pail and a 6 pack of aluminum liners for $13 and bought the probes while I was at Recteq ($20).

The warranty is stated as only 30 days, but we all know what kinda customer service they provide (y)

The most expensive thing to replace is the PID controller and it is only $100 I believe. With the 304 Stainless heavy gauge construction, major parts should never have to be replaced.

Looked at the new Bullseye while at the Fest. A little more "sturdy" than the older model. I liked it.

Thank you.. was always wondering what levels of discounts and conditions they were as well as the warranty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back