New here — RT-700

lcurtis

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello everyone!

New member here, two year owner of an RT-700 and I love it! Only additions to the smoker is door seals and some grill grates. I’m excited to find new recipes on modifications to take my smoker to a competitive level in hopes to compete in spring 2023.

I grew up around KCBS competitions in and around Kansas City. Growing up my dad competed using a large trailer smoker and, although we didn’t have any overall wins, I enjoyed the fun that was had.

Also, in December I’m excited to go to Myron Micron’s weekend course with my Dad.

Our guest instructors at the RT Academy were champion competition smokers. Both of their teams and the RT instructors compete using RT grills. Personally we are light-years from being at that level. We learned quite a bit.

Good luck and have fun!!!

As @Beach Bum mentioned, recteq uses guest chefs at recteq Academy that compete in multiple circuits. recteq may be willing to provide you with social media/email info to reach out to them.

Myron’s course should be outstanding-I’ve been tempted to sign up for that one myself!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back