New grills from Recteq

I sent an email yesterday and have not heard back from them. I thought and was told they were a different company, but it does not seem that way to me.
Call them. I've had the best results with that. After looking there is one thing that I may have mis read, the "newer" version loses the wifi controller and probes. If solely tailgating, no biggie, but at home, the RecTeq app makes it darn difficult to mess up a cook.

We just bought a new (to us) camper and the new Road Warrior would be perfect for it. But really, for the price and the fact I'll already be carrying propane - I'm leaning heavily towards a griddle.

For small families or those now grilling much, the new Legend looks like a good option.
I'm new to the griddle scene. I purchased one a couple of weeks ago and love it. You can't replace the RecTeq for slow cooks and ease; however, the griddle is awesome for cooking breakfast, hibachi type things, and of course burgers. I think two different types of grills is perfect if you can make the space. I don't use my smoker often, but when I do, me and my guests are always amazed at the taste of the food it produces. Also, one other big difference, griddle = FAST, and smoker = Relaxed and slow. 😊

Here is Recteq response.
ZZI52t9asFsfGITX8nYvynTG4sVjtMEDxg1f7L2BDyTMzi7Zn6ol9bhAMY0Z60EmszeSsOCL5kaIpkXyGpMZ7MQ6jLpIBeNZz-bKBRe9MaBpQ3w=s0-d-e1-ft
Jordan Smith (recteq)
Mar 21, 2023, 10:37 EDT
Hi Michael.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! We're sorry for how you're feeling in this case Michael! We found out about the new grills the same time all of our customers did; 03/13 when the email was sent out and the social media announcements were made. We here in customer service are not given advanced notice when products are released or promotions begin. So when you ordered on 03/07, we genuinely did not know that 6 days later there would be an announcement made; we had no knowledge to tell you about. You're going to love your 340, it won't let you down.

I find it hard to believe no one knew.

IT turns out the Road Warrior RT-340P has no WIFI and the hopper holds 14lbs instead of 20, but it does go to 700 degrees.
My grill will always stay on my deck so I guess after all I am glad I got the older Trailblazer RT-340

Edit: to follow on what @Greg Jones said; I believe you could still call them for support for the 680 - but you won't get a replacement part gratis. I think that's really the difference between warranty and support.

At just over 7 years my controller failed on my 680. As it was past the 6 year warranty I did not get a free controller but I did get a 50% discount on the new wifi controller. They have also been generous in providing a number of small parts for free. I have had to call support several times. Response was fast and service was excellent. That's how you get and keep customers.

At just over 7 years my controller failed on my 680. As it was past the 6 year warranty I did not get a free controller but I did get a 50% discount on the new wifi controller. They have also been generous in providing a number of small parts for free. I have had to call support several times. Response was fast and service was excellent. That's how you get and keep customers.
I put in an order for small parts on the 15th and they charged my card. I put in another order on the 18th for grilll brush, cleaning kit and a couple rubs. They charged mt card for that oeder also. As of now both have not shipped. Everything is in stock. That is not how you keep customers.

I put in an order for small parts on the 15th and they charged my card. I put in another order on the 18th for grilll brush, cleaning kit and a couple rubs. They charged mt card for that oeder also. As of now both have not shipped. Everything is in stock. That is not how you keep customers.
Have you called RecTeq?

I put in an order on the 16th. It is arriving today. I did notice is seemed to come from Utah, since the package went through Nashville on it's way to Knoxville.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back