Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
I must start by saying that Recteq customer service is awesome!

Now the bad:

1) The axle push on nuts are worthless as others have mentioned. Yes, I did receive the metal ones but still unusable. So do yourself a favor and go to your local hardware store and buy some 3/8 and 5/16 push on axle top hats for about $5.00 I spent as much time chasing parts as doing the actual assembly.

2) Also mentioned elsewhere the RTD was broken and just hanging, broken in shipping? Recteq has shipped a replacement.

3) The latch wire for the hopper was bent and hanging which I reinstalled and reformed.

4) Make sure the auger turns before adding pellets! The auger is pretty loud but it's working.

This grill has evolved from its original release but still has some frustrating issues. If you don't like working or tinkering with stuff you might want to look at another product from Recteq.

Happy grilling!!

Chris
rtd.jpg
hat.jpg

Last edited:
I think there are just bolts you can get for the wheels. I been meaning to research the size and buy some.

I think there are just bolts you can get for the wheels. I been meaning to research the size and buy some.
Yeah, I read the size somewhere but couldn't find it again.

When I tried installing the factory axle caps I mangled the axle threads pretty bad. The metal is soft.

Yeah, I read the size somewhere but couldn't find it again.

When I tried installing the factory axle caps I mangled the axle threads pretty bad. The metal is soft.
RT will send you a replacement if you ask.

It wasn't offered, only the RTD was offered and hopefully shipped

Thank you, this is what I ended up using:
hat.jpg

Chrome 3/8 inch from Lowes for the wheels, the others are 5/16 nickle.

Here are the ones I used from Lowe's.

Attachments

• Axle Caps.jpg
    Axle Caps.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 115
Sizes for the bolts are metric 10mm x 1 fine thread and 8mm x 1 fine thread
I had both of those, couldn't get either size to start. Both ends appears to be a 1.0 thread pitch, as per my thread gauge. But both were slightly too small to get started. A 3/8"-24 Die started to start but not quite. Gave up and used the supplied push nuts.

Last edited:
I wonder if the paint on the axles is part of the problem. I'll know shortly once I receive my Bullseye.
I think you are right. Paint is part of the issue. I was going to use a tap and die and cut the threads to United States of North America standards but decided to get the Lowe's hub caps. Here are two Bullseye's wheel mods I have seen in FB Recteq groups that are pretty kool.

Attachments

• Bullseye 4 Wheels-1 by Steven Vickers.jpg
    Bullseye 4 Wheels-1 by Steven Vickers.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Bullseye Large 4 Wheels-1 by Tabatha Levacy-Reed.jpg
    Bullseye Large 4 Wheels-1 by Tabatha Levacy-Reed.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 107

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back