Bullseye New Bullseye owner...

Ego556

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
So I got me a Bullseye this past Saturday. This is my first pellet grill. I did my burn-in after assembly and no issues. I smoked a nice meatloaf yesterday for dinner and it was off the charts amazing. I do have a question though. I had my setpoint temp at 350 and once it lit the temp climbed to a screaming 744 for a few minutes and then quickly came down to around my setpoint. Is this normal?

A15CF693-5824-4B94-9694-24BFDF2594BC.jpeg

So I got me a Bullseye this past Saturday. This is my first pellet grill. I did my burn-in after assembly and no issues. I smoked a nice meatloaf yesterday for dinner and it was off the charts amazing. I do have a question though. I had my setpoint temp at 350 and once it lit the temp climbed to a screaming 744 for a few minutes and then quickly came down to around my setpoint. Is this normal?
It happens.

First of all welcome to the forum.
The Bullseye is not a set it and forget it grill, it needs closer attention during cooks (thus no WiFi). Temps can fluctuate quite a bit when you open the lid. The longer you have it open the greater the temp swing. Not a big deal when you are grilling but you really need to be ready to do what you need to do then get the lid back down as quickly as possible when doing a lower temp cook. It’s a really good grill you just have to learn its quirks like most other grills.
Enjoy your Bullseye and make sure you share pics.

I found that my Bullseye took a few cooks before it settled in to more stable temps. I don't get the temp spikes anymore.

Welcome to the forum, @Ego556; glad to have you join us here. You have received good information from @Waterboy. It will take a few cooks before you get things sorted out, but you will get there.

First of all welcome to the forum.
The Bullseye is not a set it and forget it grill, it needs closer attention during cooks (thus no WiFi). Temps can fluctuate quite a bit when you open the lid. The longer you have it open the greater the temp swing. Not a big deal when you are grilling but you really need to be ready to do what you need to do then get the lid back down as quickly as possible when doing a lower temp cook. It’s a really good grill you just have to learn its quirks like most other grills.
Enjoy your Bullseye and make sure you share pics.
Oh no doubt. That’s how I caught it going to over 700 and then back down. 700 seems very high when my set point was half that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back