New Bullseye Grill

jkelly13

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I just got my new Bullseye to compliment a small weber gas grill since my large one is now dead. It's built and I am planning to do the burn-in tonight after work, but I had a question on my first planned cook. I am new to smoking and I wanted to do a pork butt this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions to help make this successful? Does anyone have a good recipe for the Bullseye?

Thanks in advance!

And when you are done, take that pan of drippings (wear grilling gloves to get it off the grill), pour into a fat separator, and add a little of that "brown gold" to the sauce you are going to add, to that glorious butt that you are going to pull apart.

Several people have reported on the first several times they fired up their grill temp it was unstable so you might try cutting it on a couple of times and see where the temperature stabilizes at before you fire it up for the first time with met actually in there.

Several people have reported on the first several times they fired up their grill temp it was unstable so you might try cutting it on a couple of times and see where the temperature stabilizes at before you fire it up for the first time with met actually in there.
Thanks @RNcooker , I noticed this at the burn-in, I set it to 400 and they temps went from 140 to 750+ and yo-yo'd between the two until it finally settled at 400. That took about 40 minutes then I let it sit for about 45 minutes at 400. Thankfully after that I have seen fairly stable heat. That was one of my concerns when i was reading the reviews on other sites. I am glad I pulled the trigger though. Over the holiday weekend I did a pork shoulder at 225 for 13 hours, a baked desert as well as hamburgers and hot dogs. So far I have been very happy with the performance. It is a bit of a learning curve coming from a large Broil King and small Weber gasser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back