Bull New Bull 700 tips

I've heard others in the FB group say that once they applied the lavalock etc. they had trouble hitting temps above 400 degrees. Have you experienced anything like that? I lined 3 of the 4 edges of the door area for the cold smoke box and that seemed to stop all smoke from coming out the door... now I'd like to stop more smoke from coming out the main cook chamber as well as the keeping clean aspect.
I've had no issues getting to 450 degrees multiple times since sealing all sides of the lid. Plus it stays clean.

The 1/8 inch thickness was slightly larger than the raised up barrel end cap areas, the lid compressed it nicely, my thoughts were if applied to the sides the top and bottom wouldn't seal as good and those are the areas I wanted to not have to clean after every cook. I've haven't cleaned the top of this Bull in a dozen or so of crazy long low temperature cooks, I still get some smoke leakage on the sides along with some smoke stains on the barrel end caps but I'm ok with this.

Awesome. Thank you!

I really like the way the OP put the lavalock on all for edges. I would like to do the same, but possibly apply it to the lid instead of the barrel. Great tips!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back