Bull New Bull 700 tips

Eleuthros1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Whoever suggested I use bar keepers friend to clean my new Bull, I appreciate the great advice! Holy cow that stuff is great! Someone also suggested adding gasket material around the lids of both the grill and the pellet hopper. Just added that and did a test run to 400 degrees and what a difference! Great forum!

Attachments

• 4F6ECB2D-3831-486B-8232-72ABAEB3F1DA.jpeg
    4F6ECB2D-3831-486B-8232-72ABAEB3F1DA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 272
  • C8BD44E4-95F9-4EFF-9F05-1780C069D1FB.jpeg
    C8BD44E4-95F9-4EFF-9F05-1780C069D1FB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 239
Whoever suggested I use bar keepers friend to clean my new Bull, I appreciate the great advice! Holy cow that stuff is great! Someone also suggested adding gasket material around the lids of both the grill and the pellet hopper. Just added that and did a test run to 400 degrees and what a difference! Great forum!

On the gasket, did you just run it across the back inside hinge edge of the smoker lid, or did you find you needed to go down the side edges too?

What kind of gasket material and what did you use to keep it on?

What was/is the specific reason for putting a gasket around the lid of the pellet hopper? Was moisture getting in? Was smoke coming out of the pellet hopper?

How are you applying the BKF? Want to be sure I don’t scratch the stainless.

What was/is the specific reason for putting a gasket around the lid of the pellet hopper? Was moisture getting in? Was smoke coming out of the pellet hopper?
No moisture getting in, just smoke coming out on startup...plus I still had material left over. It really keeps the area around the lid much cleaner.

I applied it to the lid but only on the top and bottom areas and mainly did this to keep these surfaces cleaner. Rec Tec doesn't recommend sealing the lids on these grills.

I've heard others in the FB group say that once they applied the lavalock etc. they had trouble hitting temps above 400 degrees. Have you experienced anything like that? I lined 3 of the 4 edges of the door area for the cold smoke box and that seemed to stop all smoke from coming out the door... now I'd like to stop more smoke from coming out the main cook chamber as well as the keeping clean aspect.

I've heard others in the FB group say that once they applied the lavalock etc. they had trouble hitting temps above 400 degrees. Have you experienced anything like that? I lined 3 of the 4 edges of the door area for the cold smoke box and that seemed to stop all smoke from coming out the door... now I'd like to stop more smoke from coming out the main cook chamber as well as the keeping clean aspect.
I only sealed the lids upper and lower edges and the grill performes just like it did before applying the Fire Black.
The only time I've have issues hitting higher temperatures was because of crappy pellets.

I only sealed the lids upper and lower edges and the grill performes just like it did before applying the Fire Black.
The only time I've have issues hitting higher temperatures was because of crappy pellets.

No issues with the closure of the lid once you did the top? If that's the case, I'm going to apply it tonight!

No issues with the closure of the lid once you did the top? If that's the case, I'm going to apply it tonight!
The 1/8 inch thickness was slightly larger than the raised up barrel end cap areas, the lid compressed it nicely, my thoughts were if applied to the sides the top and bottom wouldn't seal as good and those are the areas I wanted to not have to clean after every cook. I've haven't cleaned the top of this Bull in a dozen or so of crazy long low temperature cooks, I still get some smoke leakage on the sides along with some smoke stains on the barrel end caps but I'm ok with this.

Attachments

• 20200803_181846.jpg
    20200803_181846.jpg
    816.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 20200803_181858.jpg
    20200803_181858.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 158

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back