Stampede New app problems!

I have noticed the same thing with the temps running behind on the App compared to the front of the unit so I have the Inkbird setup now and which seems to be much quicker and more accurate!

Noticed during my last two cooks, that the app wouldn't update the probe temps unless I backed out of the main screen and then got back in. 🤬 No problem with the previous app version. The smoker temp would update itself. Do I need to recalibrate the probes?

Noticed during my last two cooks, that the app wouldn't update the probe temps unless I backed out of the main screen and then got back in. 🤬 No problem with the previous app version. The smoker temp would update itself. Do I need to recalibrate the probes?
Android or iOS app? It did the same on my Android. I suspect it's something with the app, definitely not probe calibration.

With each new grill sold, that's one more unit connecting to the RT mothership servers. Not saying that's the problem with the temp updates, but if the RT servers are not scaled to handle the increased traffic, there may be some lagginess. I've seen the app lagging behind the front panel LCD, but I've not seen incorrect temps in the app.

I deleted the app. I don't need it, and as of now.....I really don't see any value added.

Did a 16 hr smoke starting Sat night thru Sunday. I started out at 200, adjusted the temp several time during the cook, the app worked well this time, Tracked all the changes and various changes in temps. I have experienced delays on holiday weekends. IOS app. Things I wish they could fix, the temp log. It doesn’t track unless you constantly open and close it, and the of having to adjust the frequency of the timing each by stretching it out with two fingers. I wonder if this is a strategy to help with the server capacity issues, shame for such a good company/grill to cheap out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back