Bull new 700 owner here

This part tells me that the issue (in this case) isn't RecTeq's issue. I'm the last person to excuse the obvious app-related short comings that RecTeq refuses to address but I also want clarity when people are having other issues to avoid clouding the waters for issues that RecTeq is responsible for. If you can't even download/install the app from the Play store this suggests that there is something not propagated properly with the network you're using as RecTeq has nothing to do with those particular aspects and Google tends to be pretty good at server-side functionality on their end. I suspect you may have some sort of firewall issues with your network that is blocking some connections or just a faulty radio that is causing intermittent connectivity issues globally.
after spending half the day reading reviews I can say I agree with you on this . at first I didn't not realize rectec didn't have anything to with app. so I get that. and the actual grill is fantastic. the app is really disappointing especially when the common factor is connectivity and the app is around 1.5 to 1.8 rating that is not good at when we are just about to roll into 2022.

after spending half the day reading reviews I can say I agree with you on this . at first I didn't not realize rectec didn't have anything to with app. so I get that. and the actual grill is fantastic. the app is really disappointing especially when the common factor is connectivity and the app is around 1.5 to 1.8 rating that is not good at when we are just about to roll into 2022.
Let me clarify something: RecTeq doesn't have "nothing" to do with the app. The app is their abomination they refuse to address so it functions properly. I want to make that perfectly clear as RecTeq doesn't deserve a pass for this excuse for an app they expect us to depend on to interact with their smoker.

What I'm saying is that, once the app has been pushed to the Play store by RecTeq, it should download & install on your device properly. Google has it on their severs so any issues with downloading/installing from the Play store would fall on Google. No matter how poorly said app performs once it is installed, it should still download and install.

Those are two totally different things. If you can't even download/install the app that suggests your issues aren't entirely with the unacceptable performance of the crappy RecTeq app. I hope that makes sense.

RecTeq 100% needs to address their app problems but none of these documented problems w/the app that have been going on for about a year now would have anything to do with your inability to download/install the app. This is why I suspect your network could potentially be the problem or at least part of your problem.

Not sure what this has to do with my post. Number of Alpha, Beta or release candidate versions of the app wouldn't have any bearing on this person not being able to install whatever official version is currently on the Play store for user download. I still suspect their issue is with their network based on the details given.
I was agreeing with you. Clearly a bad idea.

1638713038484.png

Just ordered my RT700 but have not got any shipping information on it yet - I've downloaded the app on my S20+ Ultra but haven't tried to connect since i don't have it yet - hope i can get mine to connect properly - will update you when it gets here.

Let me clarify something: RecTeq doesn't have "nothing" to do with the app. The app is their abomination they refuse to address so it functions properly. I want to make that perfectly clear as RecTeq doesn't deserve a pass for this excuse for an app they expect us to depend on to interact with their smoker.

What I'm saying is that, once the app has been pushed to the Play store by RecTeq, it should download & install on your device properly. Google has it on their severs so any issues with downloading/installing from the Play store would fall on Google. No matter how poorly said app performs once it is installed, it should still download and install.

Those are two totally different things. If you can't even download/install the app that suggests your issues aren't entirely with the unacceptable performance of the crappy RecTeq app. I hope that makes sense.

RecTeq 100% needs to address their app problems but none of these documented problems w/the app that have been going on for about a year now would have anything to do with your inability to download/install the app. This is why I suspect your network could potentially be the problem or at least part of your problem.
update on my issue ., after countless hours of tightening the thumb screws on the company they actually reached out toe after three weeks and they had their senior tech guy call me after hours late at night. we went through everything and found that network is totally fine ,the grill ,was fine , and we found the whole issue was the app and we able to run some test with the app and got it working so we are good 👍 now

update on my issue ., after countless hours of tightening the thumb screws on the company they actually reached out toe after three weeks and they had their senior tech guy call me after hours late at night. we went through everything and found that network is totally fine ,the grill ,was fine , and we found the whole issue was the app and we able to run some test with the app and got it working so we are good 👍 now
This is good news for sure. I had read about the issues with connectivity, alerts and etc. I have an iPhone 12 Pro, first ever anything “i” for lots of reasons, but I digress. I downloaded the app prior to arrival, I also have a WiFi utility called airport. My first concern was signal strength at my smoker pad being several hundred feet plus walls etc. from the router. I found I was ok but almost got a range extender, almost. The app downloaded and installed. I split my 2.4 and 5 GHz bands onto separately named SSID’s with separate names and different passwords. Upon plugging the grill in and putting it in discovery mode it the app instantly saw the grill. After entering (a DUH is required here) the wrong password twice, not paying attention or whatever, on try three I took it slow and bingo it connected. I have done the burnin and two cooks and so far everything has worked perfect. Could be dumb luck in my case. I plan to rejoin both bandwidths to see if it still connects and works properly maybe tomorrow on my upcoming tri-tip smoke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back