Stampede New 590 w/folding table and comp cart shelf mods

orionkhan

Howdy all. I've been lurking around here trying to decide what smoker to get. Well, I received my 590 last week just in time for Thanksgiving. I did the folding shelf mod with the amazon brackets. I picked up the wood for the shelf from Lowes. Add a polyurethane to in and installed. Since I got the competition cart, I had no use for the regular shelf. I ended up using an angle grinder to cut some notched into it and it fits snugly in the bottom of the cart. Makes a nice place for a grill brush or to store the cover when the grill is in use.
20211201_160037.jpg
20211201_160103.jpg
20211201_160042.jpg

TBH, I don't remember exactly what type of wood it is. I think teak. It was in the aisle where the the precut project wood is. It was 16"x36". I just cut the length down. Wanted to try the deeper 16" size first before trimming it down further. I like the depth, so I'll keep it as it is.

Looks very nice! Only suggestion, you might want to have a small gap between those 2 boards to let water drip through? with teak it shouldn't be a big deal, but..

Looks real nice. I just got 14" foldable brackets and haven't installed them yet. They seem like it would be hard for me to reach into the grill. Any problems reaching in to grab the product with the 16"?

Looks very nice! Only suggestion, you might want to have a small gap between those 2 boards to let water drip through? with teak it shouldn't be a big deal, but..
I appreciate the suggestion, but I purposely butted the boards together since I did NOT want a gap between them so anything spilled on them can't drip through. There are 5 biscuits gluing them together and they're not going anywhere. The wood is Ipe and will still be in great shape long after the grill is past its time. Ipe is some seriously tough, hard and weather resistant wood, it's so dense it wont even float.

Ah, you obviously know what you're doing! You never know, thus my suggestion. That will in deed work, and i agree, Ipe is gonna stand up amazingly!

Howdy all. I've been lurking around here trying to decide what smoker to get. Well, I received my 590 last week just in time for Thanksgiving. I did the folding shelf mod with the amazon brackets. I picked up the wood for the shelf from Lowes. Add a polyurethane to in and installed. Since I got the competition cart, I had no use for the regular shelf. I ended up using an angle grinder to cut some notched into it and it fits snugly in the bottom of the cart. Makes a nice place for a grill brush or to store the cover when the grill is in use. View attachment 13697View attachment 13695View attachment 13696
very nice. do you have the PN or name for the brackets?

Really nice !! I like the way you coordinated the shelf with the decking color. Nice touch.
Thanks, the scrap decking came in handy for the shelf and as a bonus, is coordinated with my deck. It shows I need to stain the deck o_O

Now I'm thinking I'll make a top out of scrap decking for the unused stock cart to use as a roll around table :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back