New 590 on its way..

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I’m excited... I have a new 590 heading to my home soon. I’ve been reading and learning so much on this forum. I have a question for those that have put the gasket on their lids... Has anyone of you had any negative issues from installing the lava lock? Just watched a recteq video on YouTube and they said that’s the first thing customer service asks when someone has any kind of temp issue.
Everything I have read from people says the gasket helps keep it clean, but I haven’t found anyone regretting putting the gasket on. So, does anyone have any regrets?

I’m excited... I have a new 590 heading to my home soon. I’ve been reading and learning so much on this forum. I have a question for those that have put the gasket on their lids... Has anyone of you had any negative issues from installing the lava lock? Just watched a recteq video on YouTube and they said that’s the first thing customer service asks when someone has any kind of temp issue.
Everything I have read from people says the gasket helps keep it clean, but I haven’t found anyone regretting putting the gasket on. So, does anyone have any regrets?
No regrets for me

1/2" seems super thick, your lid must not fit well at all :oops:
I used 1/8" all the way around, but I adjusted my lid for a better fit first.
That is correct. My lid was not tight from the begin. I first used 1/8”
I still had gaps.
The sides have the thickness of the edge higher than the top and bottom.

That is correct. My lid was not tight from the begin. I first used 1/8”
I still had gaps.
The sides have the thickness of the edge higher than the top and bottom.
Did you try loosing the hinges, adjusting the lid, then tightening them back up? I did that and the lid fit nearly perfect. 1/2" is a monster of a gap, something is wrong 😲

I've had mine for a couple years now and use it all the time. I've never added any gaskets, but I could see how some in the front would help keep it cleaner if you're worried about that. I don't mind it looking used, and don't mind cleaning it every so often.

You're going to love it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back