Never Before Grilled from TX

Jif

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hi everyone. Just started assembling my Bullseye and did my usual test to see if it's really Stainless Steel. The magnet says "no." If it's a lower grade alloy, will it corrode? Also, one of threads on the lid bracket is stripped. Any advice or comments will be helpful. Thanks

I believe that recteq uses 304 stainless steel, which is indeed magnetic. All stainless steels (thus the name “stain less”) can corrode, but I’ve not seen any hints of corrosion on any of the stainless steel parts of my recteq grills.

I would contact recteq about the stripped lid bracket-they are good at replacing parts if it is a problem.

I don’t have a Stampede so I could be off base but if you look at the Rec Teq website it appears the only 304 stainless on the Bullseye is the fire pot. If you look at the exterior and interior features they specify 304 on the fire pot but just “Stainless steel” on the other parts. I know on the Bull it’s 304 on the fire pot, grates, deflector and drip pan only.

On my 340 the parts that were marked as being 304 are not magnetic. All the parts that were just called Stainless Steel are magnetic. FWIW, the only external part that is non magnetic is the hopper lid. Didn't check the horns.

Last edited:
Just to clarify my original comment, I’ll make it more generic.

1. Some stainless steels, such as 304, are magnetic.
2. All stainless steels, regardless of magnetic properties, can corrode.
3. I don’t have first hand knowledge of the stainless composition in the Bullseye, but it is stainless and it is magnetic.

Thanks, all, for your replies. I'm an old dog, new to blogging and don't the proper etiquite for asking new questions ... but here goes. I'm frustrated that the checkerboard grate in the hopper of my Bullseye is immoveable. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove pellets from the hopper (either to clean the auger area orto change pellet flavors)? Thanks.

I'm afraid that tipping the Bulleseye will bend or otherwise damage the hopper or auger or electronics areas. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back