Need cover help!

JSteves

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
We have a brand new RT-700 and are trying to find a cover for it. My Dad owns one also and said he bought the Recteq cover and it was so damn tight it tore the first time he put it on. I've searched high and low on amazon and can't seem to find something with the right dimensions. Has anyone found anything that fits well? I saw the mod to add a zipper to the Recteq cover but I hate to spend that much on a cover only to have to further modify it...

There are several threads somewhere here talking about alternative/more cost effective threads. Do a search on "cover". FYI, I know some were referring to the 1250, but that's the same sized cover as you're looking for.

Last edited:
We have a brand new RT-700 and are trying to find a cover for it. My Dad owns one also and said he bought the Recteq cover and it was so damn tight it tore the first time he put it on. I've searched high and low on amazon and can't seem to find something with the right dimensions. Has anyone found anything that fits well? I saw the mod to add a zipper to the Recteq cover but I hate to spend that much on a cover only to have to further modify it...
Sams Club generic cover for their larger 3 Embers gas grill fits great. It slips right over my Bull and costs about $50.

Attachments

• D3687E94-94DD-4933-B51B-2135D6B7B8F9.jpeg
    D3687E94-94DD-4933-B51B-2135D6B7B8F9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
Several members here have suggested the Unicook heavy duty grill cover.

In fact, I have purchased one but have yet to use it. My original RecTec cover is still in good shape, but I will say the Unicook cover does feel pretty heavy and made of thick material. It's worth looking into.

Several members here have suggested the Unicook heavy duty grill cover.

In fact, I have purchased one but have yet to use it. My original RecTec cover is still in good shape, but I will say the Unicook cover does feel pretty heavy and made of thick material. It's worth looking into.
I have the Unicook for my Bull. It’s made well but the sharp corners on the control panel and the hopper lid wore through the cover especially when it was windy.
I picked up some rubber corner guards and that seems to be the way to protect the cover from tearing at the corners.
For less than $30 I would buy another one when the time comes.

I have the Unicook for my Bull. It’s made well but the sharp corners on the control panel and the hopper lid wore through the cover especially when it was windy.
I picked up some rubber corner guards and that seems to be the way to protect the cover from tearing at the corners.
For less than $30 I would buy another one when the time comes.
I’m on my second unicook cover for the Bull. The winter cold and wind wore some holes on the sharp edges.

Attachments

• 25815DA8-0E10-42F5-A7C3-E99BE62492C6.jpeg
    25815DA8-0E10-42F5-A7C3-E99BE62492C6.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 8106A4E0-FDAD-4D38-A84E-0514F184374F.jpeg
    8106A4E0-FDAD-4D38-A84E-0514F184374F.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 95

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back