Stampede My RT-590 is being delivered Monday

Nice! Congratulations. What do you have planned for your first cook?

This is my first pellet grill, totally psyched for it!
How did your tracking go? I placed an order for an RT+590 this past Friday and got an email Monday this week that it had shipped.

It's listed as having been shipped via UPS LTL Freight STD. I realize this is UPS Freight, but the tracking # provided isn't showing nay results.

I know I'm excited to get my Stampede and am being impatient, but was yours shipped the same way and were you able to track it?

Mine was shipped this way. Using the normal UPS tracking, it's not valid. You have to visit the tracking page and goto all tracking and enter your shipment number in there which includes the LTL deliveries. Good luck.

I can't get any info regardless of where in the UPS website I enter it. I feel like this is a case of the standard "I got an email saying my item shipped, but the label was just created and it hasn't really shipped yet"

If I recall correctly on my shipping (June), there was a lag of a day or two until the UPS site started pinging locations in Georgia and South Carolina. It was another week or so until the local office called to arrange drop-off.

I'm getting the competition cart too.
First cook will be ribeye and filet mignon.
I plan on brisket for cook 2.

Not butting in or trying to bring ants to your picnic but I recommend something fatty like chicken thighs for the first cook. An alternative is a good spray down with Duck Fat on the interior surfaces (Grate and above) during the initial break in heating session. That will give a nice layer of goodness for your future smoke sessions. Congrats and I wish you many good and fun cooking sessions.

My tracking info started working! It's supposed to be delivered Tuesday. Not sure if that's to the local UPS depot and then a local delivery company will step in and bring it the last mile, but whatever. At least I know it's on the way.

I also just had the talk with the wife, who isn't a huge fan of chicken on the bone, of chicken skin or even chicken thighs that RT recommends something fatty like chicken thighs as the first cook to help further season the Stampede and she wasn't even upset. Win!!

Likely Tuesday will be the arrival at the local depot. My Bull was home delivered a day or two later.

My wife was a bit uncertain about the cost of our smoker. After one or two cooks, she thought it was the best purchase ever. It quickly became her idea which works for me.

Just make sure you get the skin dried off really well before you season the thighs. A little olive oil or other binder is OK after you dry the skin. And no low and slow! Otherwise you’ll be serving rubber chicken and your wife will lose her enthusiasm. Good luck!

My 590 & competition cart were shipped on 9/28 and are scheduled to arrive at the local SAIA terminal this afternoon (10/2). I just scheduled delivery for 10/5. Looking forward to assembly, seasoning and first cook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back