My best brisket yet. Pretty smoke ring.

epcotisbest

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
This turned out very moist and tender with a great looking smoke ring. Now, I don’t know if the smoke ring adds any flavor, but it is pretty to look at.
RT-340
About 7 hours at 220 then wrapped in foil at 155 til internal temp of 200. Rested for 1.5 hours wrapped in towels before slicing.

3A6327F8-2B47-4517-8A86-2E65844BD74E.jpeg

Looks great, love the ring. These smokers are fantastic to work with. I think you might just have been assimilated into the RT smoking world.🍻

So today for breakfast I had some of the leftover brisket in a biscuit with egg and cheese. Amazing. Did not think to take a photo, but it was good!

Looks great!! I’m still trying to get there and looking for tips. Did you do any trimming before the smoke? What was the weight? ( I have tried 6-8lbs and 12-15lbs no luck with either) Do you recommend the foil over the butcher paper?

Looks amazing Epcotisbest
A lot of time and work goes into a beauty like that, trust me I know
But I think you posted your Temps mixed-up !

We cook unwrapped on the Bull at "LO" for 8+/- (to 150 internal), then at 270 for another 8+/- or 'til 200-205 internal
Try wrapping in Pink or Brown Butcher Paper instead of Foil
Keeps the Bark from getting soggy
Try it and see if you find a difference
Yeah, your Cook time will go up a bit, but .....
How's this Smoke Ring ?
Brisket.jpg

We cook unwrapped on the Bull at "LO" for 8+/- (to 150 internal), then at 270 for another 8+/- or 'til 200-205 internal
How's this Smoke Ring ?
View attachment 9629

Which pellets did you use?

Looks great!! I’m still trying to get there and looking for tips. Did you do any trimming before the smoke? What was the weight? ( I have tried 6-8lbs and 12-15lbs no luck with either) Do you recommend the foil over the butcher paper?

Never tried butcher paper.
This was about a 14 pounder from Costco that I cut in half (only the two of us and the whole thing is too much for us, so the other half is in the freezer for a later date). I don't trim, just seems like a waste of time. I just put it on fat cap down and trim off excess fat when slicing for consumption.

Last edited:

How's this Smoke Ring ?
View attachment 9629

Excellent! Yours looks tastier than mine, and mine was tasty.
I was just not clear about my temps. It was seven hours at a grill set temp of 220, until internal temp of brisket reached 155, then wrapped in foil (grill temp 300 to power past the stall, not sure how long, couple of hours or so) until internal temp of brisket hit 200. Then the resting time of 1.5 hours.

Last edited:
This turned out very moist and tender with a great looking smoke ring. Now, I don’t know if the smoke ring adds any flavor, but it is pretty to look at.
RT-340
About 7 hours at 220 then wrapped in foil at 155 til internal temp of 200. Rested for 1.5 hours wrapped in towels before slicing.

View attachment 9547
Great bark there...nice job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back