My 590 sucks!

I had trouble getting my smoker to connect and even had an Xfinity tech out last Sunday tp split my router and look at some other issues with the router etc. We both tried for at least half an hour to connect the smoker but to no avail. I told him I'd try calling RecTeq on Monday and see if they can help and I wasn't going to waste anymore of his Ester Sunday. One of the things that kept happening was the fast blinking red light would shut off. So in the house we both go and wouldn't ya know, the damn thing connected. I too have an Eero that is maybe 7' feet from the patio and smoker so I'm not sure what the issue was, but walking in the house seemed to fix the connection issue.

I use my wifi app on all my cooks. I find the app very reliable. I was in the technology business for many years and I can tell you it is probably your WiFi connection that is the problem. To troubleshoot it stand near your grill do a search on your phone for available WiFi networks and if your connection is below 70% you may have a Wi-Fi problem. I hope this may help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back