Multiple Mods for new RT-700 plus the BFG 2500 Auger mod (not shown)

Got my RT-700 yesterday and I've spent 8 hrs modding it lol...haven't even plugged it in yet! After readingthe forums, I did the drip shield mod on the lid along with Lava Lock gaskets, the 6db mod on the wifi, added a big collapsible shelf and a Camp Chef Sidekick plus corner guards.

Shelf Collapsed View attachment 11532Backstop mod from small workshop silicon clamp coversView attachment 11533Camp Chef Sidekick attachedView attachment 11534Camp Chef GriddleView attachment 11535Antenna mod on the control board View attachment 11536Camp Chef propane holder and SS hoseView attachment 11537Corner Guards (I cut easy lol)View attachment 11538Clearn Lines before RTV 650 High Temp SealantView attachment 11539Not the best metal work but functionableView attachment 1154036 x 16 Folding Shelf uprightView attachment 11531in
Awesome mod! May have been asked before, but if you use the sear station(?) where does the great go?

I will be getting my bull Friday! I love these mods. I'm sure there is a post on here already but could you give me the run down on the lava lock mod? Is it just running that tape along the lid?

Got my RT-700 yesterday and I've spent 8 hrs modding it lol...haven't even plugged it in yet! After readingthe forums, I did the drip shield mod on the lid along with Lava Lock gaskets, the 6db mod on the wifi, added a big collapsible shelf and a Camp Chef Sidekick plus corner guards.

Shelf Collapsed View attachment 11532Backstop mod from small workshop silicon clamp coversView attachment 11533Camp Chef Sidekick attachedView attachment 11534Camp Chef GriddleView attachment 11535Antenna mod on the control board View attachment 11536Camp Chef propane holder and SS hoseView attachment 11537Corner Guards (I cut easy lol)View attachment 11538Clearn Lines before RTV 650 High Temp SealantView attachment 11539Not the best metal work but functionableView attachment 1154036 x 16 Folding Shelf uprightView attachment 11531in
Awesome rig. Iam so jealous. In the middle of moving so I have been neglecting my smoke
duties. If you don't mind showing how to do the griddle and shelf mod or links used. Thanks in advance

Awesome rig. Iam so jealous. In the middle of moving so I have been neglecting my smoke
duties. If you don't mind showing how to do the griddle and shelf mod or links used. Thanks in advance
The Camp Chef griddle has 4 holes on the left side that bolt to the grill. I used a paper template with the bolt holes punched out and taped to position the setup even with the bottom of the grill. Put the lower braces on as they add support under weight/load. The shelf is just a 36x16 pine board, stained, using collapsible braces from Amazon... Just so happens to be the same one Recteq uses for the new 1250 😁

The Camp Chef griddle has 4 holes on the left side that bolt to the grill. I used a paper template with the bolt holes punched out and taped to position the setup even with the bottom of the grill. Put the lower braces on as they add support under weight/load. The shelf is just a 36x16 pine board, stained, using collapsible braces from Amazon... Just so happens to be the same one Recteq uses for the new 1250 😁
Thanks

Please explain the WiFi mod and where to get the lid backstop silicon
The Wi-Fi mod is just a 6db gain antenna mounted on the bottom plate of the controller box, out of the way as it's 5-6" long. Connects within 1-3 seconds; the OEM one took 30-60 secs. Word of caution tho, the connector comes off the circuit board easy but it's a bitch to get back on as it's tiny. https://a.co/d/1Uvi5qt

The lid backstop silicon was pulled off an old pair of spring clamps😁

I tried these corner guards, unfortunately they just do not stick to the metal very good. They just come off when you take the cover off. They also make the cover harder to get on and off with the extra thickness they add for the cover to get over.

I ended up using a fine file to smooth the corners off and ensure no sharp edges to tear the cover.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back