Bull Mother Day tri-tip

NBK

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Mothers Day dinner:

Prime aged tri-tip with an amazing garlic rub, 3 hours @180° on the smoker then a 600° reverse sear in the Weber on grill grates. Grilled corn on the cob (elotes style) and sweet kale salad with craisins. And of course Sees Nuts & Chews for desert.

No complaints...

20220508_154203.jpg
20220508_171137.jpg

All your stuff is freaking awesome.

Saw you had a probe in the smoke session prior to reverse sear, what temp did you pull and sear?

Mothers Day dinner:

Prime aged tri-tip with an amazing garlic rub, 3 hours @180° on the smoker then a 600° reverse sear in the Weber on grill grates. Grilled corn on the cob (elotes style) and sweet kale salad with craisins. And of course Sees Nuts & Chews for desert.

No complaints...

View attachment 15955View attachment 15956
Got some smoke ring goin on there...(y)

Best way to cook a Tri-tip is exactly how you did it. Only way to improve it, wouldn't really improve it, just makes it different, and that is there are so many delicious rubs and marinades that can be used. Check out Adam Perry Lang's Tri-tip in his book "Serious Barbecue". Awesome recipe, except I do like you and reverse sear it. Also, Sam the Cooking Guy has a great recipe for carne asada and that marinade is also great for Tri-tip.

I moved from CA to NC and now it is a struggle to get Tri-tip. Fortunetely I made friends with a small rancher that sells meat at our local Farmers Market and he gives me a call whenever one is available. Since there is only one per cow, it isn't very often.

Great looking cook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HunterC
Back