Moisture Inside Controller Display on RT590.

Buster

A Thunderstorm came out of nowhere today right after using my RT590 and I didn't have my cover on. After the storm ended I went to put the cover on the grill and noticed that there was moisture between the outer film (?) and the display on the controller. So, I turned the grill on and the display just showed 888's everywhere and flashed. I let it set for a hour or so and checked it again. The display is back to normal but seems a little dimmer. There is still a slight bit of moisture that you can move around the display with your finger. Question: Is the film supposed to stay on or not? I read on another thread that there was one person that took it off by taking the front plate off? Another question, will this happen every time the outside of the controller gets wet? Thanks!

Picture for reference. Darker spots are not shadows it's moisture. Grill is functioning fine. Is this something I should be concerned with?

Attachments

• 20200611_095916.jpg
    20200611_095916.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
Not sure any damage is done but moisture and electronics are not a good match. Moisture could stay in the controller, eroding the connections. I would call Rec Tec and explain what happened and tell then the readout isn't as bright. I'll bet they send you a new controller unit. They are pretty good with that. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back