Middle of a cook and my RT-700 shut down

Smiles1

in the middle of a cook and my smoker has shut down. Anyone have a quick tip before my day is ruined? What does it mean and what do I do? Thanks for any help.

in the middle of a cook and my smoker has shut down. Anyone have a quick tip before my day is ruined? What does it mean and what do I do? Thanks for any help.
RT700Manual.pdf (netsuite.com)
ER2 Grill hasn’t ignited in over 30 minutes. Page 19 to 23 of link above for troubleshooting.

Last edited:
I would start by unplugging the grill remove the food, grates, drip pan and heat deflector and look what is in the fire pot, let us know.
I have it running but it's really slow getting to temp. I have another smoker fired up in case it goes out again. It has happened twice this afternoon. If it goes out, I will transfer everything and start taking it apart to investigate. Thanks for your help.

I have it running but it's really slow getting to temp. I have another smoker fired up in case it goes out again. It has happened twice this afternoon. If it goes out, I will transfer everything and start taking it apart to investigate. Thanks for your help.
I just wanted to make sure the fire pot wasn't over full on pellets, that's whole different set of problems when you try to restart when over full. If it's restarting, I'm assuming the hoppers full, fan and auger are running if so sounds like a blockage in the auger tube or pellet quality issues.

I just wanted to make sure the fire pot wasn't over full on pellets, that's whole different set of problems when you try to restart when over full. If it's restarting, I'm assuming the hoppers full, fan and auger are running if so sounds like a blockage in the auger tube or pellet quality issues.
Both the fan and auger are running. The hopper is full w/ new pellets. It is holding temp like it is supposed to. It just took longer than normal to get there. It has been running for about an hour or so now w/out the error message.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back