Other Middle Eastern smoked leg of lamb

hallsofmontezuma

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Thought I'd share my latest, made with my homemade Middle Eastern seasoning rub.

IMG_1754.jpeg
IMG_1756.jpeg

INGREDIENTS
1 small onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons lemon (juice of one small lemon)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon salt (optional, I didn't use any and don't think it needed it)
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves

DIRECTIONS
Combine all ingredients and mix together until it forms a paste.
Rub this mixture over the surface of the meat, making sure to get it evenly distributed.

You can then marinate or cook right away. I cooked right away.
Set the RT to 250 and cook until it gets to your desired doneness temp. I took it out at 133 (about 2.5 hours).

Let it rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks beautiful. Could you share information on times, temperature and seasoning? I could be easily convinced to try this one.

Finally was able to give this a try yesterday. Great recipe for anyone looking to smoke lamb. I used the paste, exactly as described above. The lamb was a boneless leg roast that weighed just under 3.5 pounds. I cooked it at 225 degrees and pulled it at three and half hours with an 140 degrees internal temperature. Everyone was very happy with it.

Finally was able to give this a try yesterday. Great recipe for anyone looking to smoke lamb. I used the paste, exactly as described above. The lamb was a boneless leg roast that weighed just under 3.5 pounds. I cooked it at 225 degrees and pulled it at three and half hours with an 140 degrees internal temperature. Everyone was very happy with it.
I'm glad to hear it worked out for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back