Merry Christmas to All

Merry Xmas to all

Attachments

• 9D89685B-E209-4E05-822A-149F5145D2CA.jpeg
    9D89685B-E209-4E05-822A-149F5145D2CA.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 75
Well, the wind, snow and cold temperatures got the best of us here in Western Washington and the RT-340 remained in the garage. Instead, the prime rib went into the oven; 500 degrees (pre-heated oven) for 15 minutes and 75 minutes at 325 degrees. Pulled it at 131 degrees, but should have pulled it at about 125. After a 30-minute rest, hereā€™s the result.

Attachments

• IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
Sooo, I am late to the party, but...Merry (belated) Christmas to all!! With weird schedules in my family, we are actually having the "official" lunch/dinner today. (turkey is spatchcocked, brined, injected, and the 590 is doing its thing.) I was going to do dino-ribs, but the size of the party shrank, so I just went with turkey. Hope you all had a SAFE/Blessed/Happy day! Looking forward to the new year, and all of the smokes (and smoke stories) yet to come! P.S. It is in the upper 70's (maybe even low 80s) here. Christmas in shorts?!?! Yes it is a thing!

Sooo, I am late to the party, but...Merry (belated) Christmas to all!! With weird schedules in my family, we are actually having the "official" lunch/dinner today. (turkey is spatchcocked, brined, injected, and the 590 is doing its thing.) I was going to do dino-ribs, but the size of the party shrank, so I just went with turkey. Hope you all had a SAFE/Blessed/Happy day! Looking forward to the new year, and all of the smokes (and smoke stories) yet to come! P.S. It is in the upper 70's (maybe even low 80s) here. Christmas in shorts?!?! Yes it is a thing!
We could do ā€œshortsā€ here today too; if you are comfortable with frostbite! It is currently 10 degrees with 50+ mph winds. Wind chill is -11. Spent the morning clearing our lane of snow; some drifted up to nearly 4 feet. Those leftover prime rib sandwiches will taste really good for dinner tonite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back