Stampede Mega Jam in my RT-590

It would be nice if they put a hex on the end of the auger shaft. Then in cases like this you just put a socket on the end and unscrew the auger from the mess in the pellet tube which has basically become a nut.

In the absence of the hex, you could do something similar to what Rbonja1 did. Just use a left hand tap and bolt. Tightening the left hand thread until it bottoms out would turn the auger counterclockwise backing it out.

I know this is old, but I’m in the same situation. I left it in the rain with the pizza oven inside, and the water went straight down to the fire pot. I can only get it maybe 1/4” out. I’ve tried everything here except for the tapping. Prying with the hammer only seems like it’d break and has already chewed up the motor casing.

I need a bolt with a hole in it, then I could attach it with the cotter pin and maybe back it out? The jam is up by the fire box, I can feel it.
50125BD5-9E5E-463D-84D2-A828892E4CE3.jpeg
image.jpg

Edit:

got it out with the spiral screw extractor, but there’s still about 6-8” of compacted pellets up towards the fire box. Maybe a long drill bit and chip it out?

174125CE-6B34-475F-838B-6D87C93EEF7E.jpeg

I can only push it back in this far:

image.jpg

there we go! All clear now.
image.jpg

And I can salvage the auger:

image.jpg

Will need to clean up this part though:

image.jpg

Last edited:
I had a fun jam as well today. After I corked screwed the auger out in reverse. I couldn’t push the clog out with a stick at all. So I hooked up my air compressor to a pipe like an air spade. It blasted through the clog in a second which got me thinking…

Has anyone tried to hit the clog from the front end with an air gun with a long flexible nozzle?

81B129CD-A0A8-46BB-8CC3-F985DF33E282.jpeg

44B4F8E5-0088-488C-A54E-0FF3F9088495.jpeg

I’m willing to bet you could remove most of the clog without taking the auger out as long as you empty the hopper and hit both ends.

29794251-4C81-4ECF-9312-9B8E88392CB6.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back