Meat Prices = Non-Smoking Time

Nope. Protesting only wastes time and there is only two possible results. Half the folks don't care (thats me). The other half of the folks are glad you think there is a problem. Protest all you want. That makes the meat selection better!

Furthermore, is anyone here going to take a pay cut because the consumers of what you produce for a living think the price is too high? Get real!

Nope. Protesting only wastes time and there is only two possible results. Half the folks don't care (thats me). The other half of the folks are glad you think there is a problem. Protest all you want. That makes the meat selection better!

Furthermore, iss anyone here going to take a pay cut because the consumers of what you produce for a living think the price is too high? Get real!
Okay 🤷‍♂️

I have found meat prices to be all over the place. You really need keep a sharp eye out for the deals. Expl: Costco had choice grade briskets for $8.99/lb. I found a prime grade at $4.98/lb online at Wild Fork Foods. Grabbed one. Baby back ribs were $4.99 at Costco, $3.99 at Wild Fork. Grabbed a couple racks. And so on. I’ve taken the approach of buying what’s on sale and worrying about what to do with it later.
They just opened a Wild Fork store a few miles from me. I need to go check them out. They picked a very high dollar retail real estate area so hope they can keep the meat prices in line.

We're working through stuff in the freezer, so a little insulated from current prices at the moment. Been seeing things go up at BJ's when I go there - $2.90/lb for pork butt, yikes.
It has been $.99/lb at Krogers the last couple of weeks. I smoked 3 last weekend.

At Costco I've noticed the price increase on certain beef items. Ground beef and beef ribs have stayed the same price. Prime steaks and brisket have gone up considerably. Same at Krogers. I like the Nolan Ryan 34 steaks. Had been paying $13.99/lb and now it is over $20/lb.

Usually get a good 14# pork shoulder for 8-$9, wife said they were all up around $20 at Kroger. Maybe just a quick spike ahead of 7/4?

Last Costco run up here, choice brisket was 4.99/lb. Not bad, so I grabbed one for the freezer.

But pork butts were 3.99/lb. :oops:

I have several of those in the freezer that I loaded up on when they were on sale for .99/lb.

Last Costco run up here, choice brisket was 4.99/lb. Not bad, so I grabbed one for the freezer.

But pork butts were 3.99/lb. :oops:

I have several of those in the freezer that I loaded up on when they were on sale for .99/lb.
The best deal I've seen around here was baby backs @ $3.99 per pound.

I've been doing a lot of chicken thighs lately.

Also, a head of smoked cabbage is always good!

My buddy has been trying to get me to go in on a whole-something...whole hog, whole cow, etc. I don't have the freezer space! He said he bought another freezer to hold it last time. I'm not at that point.

My buddy has been trying to get me to go in on a whole-something...whole hog, whole cow, etc. I don't have the freezer space! He said he bought another freezer to hold it last time. I'm not at that point.
I wasted more food and money with my freezer. Food doesn't last forever in the freezer.

Cheap or not $9.99/lb for a brisket at Costco is a non-starter for me. To those that say it doesn’t matter....good for you. But my income isn’t going to go up fast enough to make up for the big wet bite being taken out of my a$$ every time I turnaround.

I'm cheap and these meat prices are too damn high. I was at Costco this morning and ribs were $15/rack, briskets all over $100, and fillets in the $80s too. I'm currently in the non-smoking section for a bit. Hotdogs, hamburgers, and pizza are about all that's getting cooked right now.

Anyone else protesting high meat prices

Cheap or not $9.99/lb for a brisket at Costco is a non-starter for me. To those that say it doesn’t matter....good for you. But my income isn’t going to go up fast enough to make up for the big wet bite being taken out of my a$$ every time I turnaround.
You're not alone.

Krogers has brisket for 2.47/lb this week and Market Street is showing $1.77/lb but lists it as "select grade". Spareribs are $1.77/lb.

Just got back from the grocery store. They had a 4th of July sale on Swift St. Louis Ribs $1.97 per lb. Grabbed a few racks for the 4th and beyond.
5C49B332-32AF-4F00-9217-2F19F1667A58.jpeg

20210701_174930.jpg
4th bbq'ing has begun. Pork shoulder and kielbasa on for 4th block party. The kielbasa (a.k.a. hotdogs) is for my wife's BBQ bean dish. Pork butt $3.29 at Costco.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back