Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
I’m trying something different tonight on the Wyldside. I’m very happy with the results I’ve been getting with chicken and fruit on the Wyldside rotisserie, tonight I’m experimenting with hanging food from the meat hooks. I’ve just started the fire, Fogo Quebracho lump charcoal with ash wood cut from my property. I will be hanging a whole chicken in addition to the pineapple. I’ll also be cooking a side (probably Mustard Greens) in a skillet off to the side on the grates. Stay tuned!
4A2C246D-B17A-43B9-B15C-712BFFA781A2.jpeg

It’s 17:30 and the chicken is on, a 5# young chicken seasoned with duck fat, a layer of my own AP rub creation, and topped with recteq’s Colten’s Freaking Greek, which is an outstanding poultry rub.
A81AC60F-5E6B-4C23-A48D-A109B0533BCF.jpeg

And at 18:30, it is done. The chicken, while very good, quite frankly was not as tasty as it is on the Wyldside’s spit or spatchcocked on the Bull. The pineapple was amazing, but I suspect it would be as good or better if also cooked on the spit. I still want to play around with other meats hanging on the Wyldside, but I don’t think I’ll do chicken/pineapple that way again. Oh, also served with some chopped summer slaw.
4DD0899B-DE83-4904-8723-20ED6F1CCAC0.jpeg
CAB90181-0D04-4F15-B13B-09489739CE06.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back