Meat Church Rubs

It's a BBQ chain restaurant. Their food is "meh" but the rib rub is pretty damn tasty. I've seen it at most chain stores (King Soopers./Kroger/etc.) too.
Famous Dave’s rub was the gold standard in out house for many years. My wife would put it on and in anything on the table. When I set out to make my own ‘AP’ rub, it had to be indistinguishable from Famous Dave’s. I accomplished that with a rub that had way to many ingredients in it, but it’s good!

I didn’t dislike their restaurant ribs either, although if you make it better yourself everything else is spoiled for you. I no longer buy chain restaurant BBQ, steaks, prime rib, etc. just because I do it better. When I eat out, which is almost never these days, I pick meals that I don’t cook at home.

Thanks everyone for the input. That’s one of the many great things about this forum.

I use Meat Church Holy Gospel, The Gospel, Holy Cow, honey Hog and Voodoo, love them all as has everyone that had something I made with them.

The Deez nuts flavor description dosen't sound hood to me so never tried it.

I'm smoking some St. Louis ribs today with some Meat Church. Never used their stuff, but gonna git a try.
Anyone have a winning combo with the ones I have in the picture? Advice on flavor profiles?
Thanks

edit: I guess I could just open them and taste :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Meat Church.jpg
    Meat Church.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 90
The Voodoo will give a nice spicy kick to the ribs. Let us know how it came out.

2nd cook on the RT590 was a Boston Butt. Binder yellow mustard, and applied Meat Church Gospel rub. Cooked until 165 internal temp. Put the butt in an aluminum pan, applied the Meat Church Honey Hog BBQ, Brown sugar and real butter. Covered with Aluminum foil and pulled when internal temp reached 205.

Last Friday cooked a Rib Roast and used the Meat Church Holy Cow rub. Turned out great and wife loved it.

We buy The Gospel in 5 pound bags at our local Ace Hardware. Use it for pretty much everything.

Use Voodoo on wings and in the cheese mix for armadillo eggs. Oh, and I just made a batch of egg salad that I added some to, best I've ever made.

The Voodoo will give a nice spicy kick to the ribs. Let us know how it came out.
Flavor and smoke were great.
Over did it on the wrap time though. Picked up the ribs to put them back on the grill for the last hour, and half the bones stayed in the foil. Still good, not a competition anyway.

I love their rubs. Never tried Deez Nuts, but the Ocho pack is full of great stuff. By far my favorite rubs.

I got a couple for Xmas and I honestly find them to be too salty! It’s a shame too, I was really excited to get them. I’ll probably just use them on chicken since I don’t eat the skin.

It's a BBQ chain restaurant. Their food is "meh" but the rib rub is pretty damn tasty. I've seen it at most chain stores (King Soopers./Kroger/etc.) too.
I really like their BBQ sauce but it has become impossible to find locally. Walmart and Krogers both used to have it but I haven't seen it in a long time. Not sure if it is a covid thing or if sales had dropped off in the Dallas area.

I love the Holy Cow, Holy Gospel, Gospel and hot honey hog. Didn’t really care for the voodoo rub or regular honey hog. Their bird bath brine and brisket injection are also solid.

I love the Holy Cow, Holy Gospel, Gospel and hot honey hog. Didn’t really care for the voodoo rub or regular honey hog. Their bird bath brine and brisket injection are also solid.
I just ordered holy cow, honey hog, and holy gospel. 1 pound of each for $34.

I picked up one of their 5 pack samplers and they are all really good. My favorite is probably Holy Voodoo on chicken wings, its always a hit. The Honey Hog on ribs is also a crowd pleaser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back