Matador Cover

JasonA

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
This isn't a very active sub-forum, but I thought I'd share this anyway in case this benefits anyone else in the future.

At this point, Rec Tec doesn't sell a cover for the Matador. Given where I am keeping it, I wanted an option to cover it when not in use. I did some measuring and a lot of searching, and found the Unicook Heavy Duty Kettle Grill cover on Amazon. The Amazon ASIN is B073VKZZ3S. (I'm not the seller, nor affiliated ... just happy with the purchase!)

For only $14, I'm very impressed with the quality. It's just a little bit bigger than the handles of the wok, which allows me to tuck a 20 lb propane tank under it. With the wok turned upside down, water won't puddle, and the fit is nearly perfect.

IMG_4274.jpg

@JasonA that's a great solution for not having a RecTec cover. I didn't even think about using a charcoal grill cover. Perfect!

Still no cover for the Matador from Rec Tec and this one is no longer available from Amazon. I just ordered a Matador, and was curious if any other Matador owners have suggestions s for a cover?

How did this work out for you?
The quality was nice enough, but I wasn’t happy with it on the Matador just because it was too short. On a whim I threw the Bullseye cover on the Matador and it was just about perfect, so I ordered another from recteq. Pricey, but very well made.
C74989F7-894C-4ED6-B393-4B4AB810739E.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back