Mail order rib shop anyone??

Dwight Smokem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Okay, I've addressed this before but I'm fed up with quality of ribs I'm getting locally. Had planned a nice day of smoking two racks from Meijer (Smithfield), with an 8/25 expiration and when opened them they smelled like sour blood, like walking through an old butcher shop in August when a kid. Also, I think the cryopacks on babybacks which all seem to label "loin backs" now, are "too bulky", as in not well trimmed. Anyone have a place that ships ribs particularly they like?

Wild Fork Foods. Excellent product all around in my experience. The photo is of my most recent order. The pork ribs are in the back. They were excellent
C0ADC8B1-B7E7-4840-B4DA-3DAC3195535C.jpeg

Last edited:
I might have to try this web order out for meats. I looked at the website and some of their prices are a little on the high side but a lot of them are very good. Thanks guys!

I like Wild Fork also .. only issue is they seem to be having issues keeping some things in stock and prices keep climbing. I guess that is happening everywhere though. Sometimes I just like fresh and local as well but they are defiantly a part of my regular purchase routine. If you can get your hands on the Berkshire ribs go for it! I like some of their sides also.

Okay, I've addressed this before but I'm fed up with quality of ribs I'm getting locally. Had planned a nice day of smoking two racks from Meijer (Smithfield), with an 8/25 expiration and when opened them they smelled like sour blood, like walking through an old butcher shop in August when a kid. Also, I think the cryopacks on babybacks which all seem to label "loin backs" now, are "too bulky", as in not well trimmed. Anyone have a place that ships ribs particularly they like?
I just used Wild Forks for the first time as well ordered brisket, chicken and ribs, and am pretty happy with all three. For higher quality, but more expensive check out Cream Co Meats, creamcomeats.com, very good stuff.

I have a great local butcher, but they dont have St. Louis style ribs, so I bought some from Costco. Everything is going up, but I did recently put my first order in at WildFork, it arrived on time and still frozen, a big plus! I have only cooked the sausages, but did by some ribs, lamb, chicken and shrimp. They have really good prices.
I just filled my freezer with all of the above and my wife wont let me have anymore!

Attachments

• IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
The Ribs I've gotten from Wild Fork were great. I'm lucky that they have a retail store about 5 minutes from my house.
They just opened one up near me also. For the meats I've tried, I still prefer Costco but mine is sold out of a lot of stuff when I go.

They just opened one up near me also. For the meats I've tried, I still prefer Costco but mine is sold out of a lot of stuff when I go.
The closest Costco to me is always jam packed with people, and the meat guys can’t keep things stocked fast enough. If I ask them, they almost always have what I’m looking for in the back.

The closest Costco to me is always jam packed with people, and the meat guys can’t keep things stocked fast enough. If I ask them, they almost always have what I’m looking for in the back.
I see that you found your wieners?

download.jpg

Last edited:
I'm always looking for their baby back ribs but they usually don't stock those. When they do they are usually pre-seasoned which I don't want. They also seem to run out of brisket a lot. Whenever I've asked they've always told me to try back the next day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back