Lumberjack pellets not available. Camp Chef pellets instead?

We've used CampChef Alder Pellets for quite some time
They seem to work well for us
I know that's not much help .... but that's all I got

Whoa is that the next shortage? Pellets?
They'll cause your grill to heat up - maybe not the smoke profile you want, but at least you can cook something while you hunt down some pellets you like better. For me, so far, Recteq pellets are for heat, and bear mountain are for flavor.

They stopped selling Lumber Jack at the Rural King I got pellets from. I switched to the Rural King brand which has been great. Retail $7.99 for 20 lbs. Recently got some for $4.99 a bag on sale.

I doubt there is a RK near Long Island, but for those close to a RK, the new pellets are the real deal. Very nice quality at a great price.

They stopped selling Lumber Jack at the Rural King I got pellets from. I switched to the Rural King brand which has been great. Retail $7.99 for 20 lbs. Recently got some for $4.99 a bag on sale.
Is that at every store in the midwest? We have tractor supply but I have a RK about 20 north. I’d like to try that

I am using Lumber Jack pellets right now. Rural King stopped selling them. I refuse to use RK brand (read the reviews). I highly recommend Pit Boss competition blend available at Lowes, Menards and others.

I am using Lumber Jack pellets right now. Rural King stopped selling them. I refuse to use RK brand (read the reviews). I highly recommend Pit Boss competition blend available at Lowes, Menards and others.
Just curious - where are the reviews to read? This forum or another. My experience and my dad's have been great! I love their southwest pellets. The one downside is they don't sell a cherry like LJ did and I'm more of a cherry wood fan than Apple which is what Rural King makes. But if I really want more smoke flavor for a long cook, I use a smoke tube with wood chips mixed in.

But I've been very very happy with them and I would from my own experience use than over Pitt Boss. I was given some Pitt Boss before and they worked ok but tons of dust. This could be due to a lot of things but both bags I used were with tons of dust and pellets just were not good quality but if you like them, go for it.

Costco started selling a blend pellet which I haven't tried but I would try if you are looking for good prices.

I have been using the Kirkland premium blend. 40# bag $12.99. The Bull loves them and they have great flavor.
I too bought a bag of them to try. First stop was the Bullseye and they bridged in the hopper, shutting the cook down. Since the Bullseye doesn’t have wifi notifications when the temp drops, that was a disaster. Then I used them in the 340 just to use them up, same result although I did get a notification that the pit temp was dropping. Because I’m so cheap, I then tried them in the 700 and it burned them fine. The only other time I had the same issue, in the Bullseye, was with the Lumber Jack charcoal pellets. Those pellets also worked fine in the 700.

Hey I remember a thread asking a out RK pellets. I have one near me I'll check those out. Last I heard in the RK thread NO one tried them yet. Thank you

I have been using the Kirkland premium blend. 40# bag $12.99. The Bull loves them and they have great flavor.
I'll be trying these as well. Good to know. I'll use the RT pellets for the 340 and try kirkland in the 1250.

All,
Thanks for the great input. NBK, which version of the RT700 do you have? Original without antenna, Antenna with 1.6 (2.0hp) motor or the new 3.0 motor? That may be helpful if any diagnostic work is needed. I would assume the newer version would have the ability to break long pellets better than the older models but that is purley an assumption on my part. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Just curious - where are the reviews to read? This forum or another. My experience and my dad's have been great! I love their southwest pellets. The one downside is they don't sell a cherry like LJ did and I'm more of a cherry wood fan than Apple which is what Rural King makes. But if I really want more smoke flavor for a long cook, I use a smoke tube with wood chips mixed in.

But I've been very very happy with them and I would from my own experience use than over Pitt Boss. I was given some Pitt Boss before and they worked ok but tons of dust. This could be due to a lot of things but both bags I used were with tons of dust and pellets just were not good quality but if you like them, go for it.

Costco started selling a blend pellet which I haven't tried but I would try if you are looking for good prices.
Most of the reviews I read said the RK pellets burn with a lot of ash, not much smoke and flavor and wild temperature swings. I emailed Lumber Jack about making pellets for RK and they never returned my message. Other people said they have called LJ and they said they Did Not make the RK pellets.

Dicks has lumberjack pellets.
I had picked some up in MASSAPEQUA
Do the still have an Arby’s in the shape of a teepee?

1660013595451.jpeg

1660013671105.png

Most of the reviews I read said the RK pellets burn with a lot of ash, not much smoke and flavor and wild temperature swings. I emailed Lumber Jack about making pellets for RK and they never returned my message. Other people said they have called LJ and they said they Did Not make the RK pellets.
I am fairly certain Lumber Jack doesn't make the RK ones. For one, they have apple instead of cherry variety. They do have the same blend and a 100% hickory but also have a southwest blend which I like a lot. I've really liked the smoke flavor from the southwest. Ash wise....I haven't noticed a difference between Lumber Jack and RK.

I will say when I used cookinpellets for awhile, I did notice a LOT less ash with cookinpellets compared to lumber jack. Cookinpellets just got a too expensive for me and the less ash isn't worth the extra money to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back