Lumberjack Pellet Deal $8.88 with Free Shipping

BosSmoke

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and have been lurking for awhile. I just ordered a RT 700 and should have it soon. I know I will have lots of questions once I get it and get it up and running, hopefully you guys can help me out when I do.

In the mean time, I came across a way to get a good deal on Lumberjack pellets (8.88 w/free shipping if you order more than $49.00 worth). If you are like me, and don't have a Rural King store near you (I am just outside Boston MA), you can go on line to Dick's Sporting Goods ( https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/) and ask for a price match. It may take a little patience and time, but I think it is worth it.

First, do a search of the pellets you want on the Rural King site, then paste the link of that page to a notepad or something similar for the time being. (eg. https://www.ruralking.com/lumber-jack-competition-blend-grill-pellets-5087). Then, go to the Dick's site and find the same pellets and find out Dick's SKU for that item.
On the Dick's site, you can find the SKU by adding the item to your shopping cart then looking at your shopping cart (SKU for competition pellets is SKU: 19046315 )

Once you do that for all the items you want, initiate a chat with Dick's customer service reps. Look for a "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page. Drill through until you get a person on the other end.

Be nice and ask them if they do price matches, they should say yes. They will ask you for the links to the lower prices (the Rural King Links you collected earlier) and also Dick's SKU for the same item.

The person you are chatting with will give you a case number and tell you to call customer service (they can give you the number). Call customer service and tell them you have been approved for a price match and would like to know how to complete the transaction.

It isn't as bad as it sounds, and can save you a bunch of money. Give it a try.

Hope this helps, and please have patience with me when I ask my stupid questions.

Thanks,
Bob

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $49 OR MORE
EXCLUDES OVERSIZE AND OVERWEIGHT ITEMS

To participate, add qualifying product to your cart and select "Standard Shipping" to receive credit.

• PING brand products currently excluded from this promotion.
  • Hazmat products currently excluded from this promotion.
  • Certain merchandise and brands are excluded from the promotion. Click for details.

See The Fine Print at the bottom of this page for full details.

Lumberjack is not excluded

I too was able to get this price match deal. With a little resistance, of course. Lol

For starters, the lady (very sweet lady) tried to say that the Rural King prices were a "clearance" sale and said that they couldn't do a price match on them, but after explaining that this brand was their main brand that they carry, and that the stars that she was claiming to be notating that they meant "clearance" sale (yes...she did) was in fact their review rating, she then was able to proceed with the price match.

This was indeed a lengthy process, but in the end it saved me almost $55 on 120lbs of pellets. So thank you @BosSmoke for the tip, and I'll now finally get to try the infamous Lumber Jack Pellets! :D

Discks did match my 1st order using Rural King prices. They wouldn't after that? They said it was a 1 time deal?
Dan

I walked into Dicks this afternoon and came out with 4 bags @ $8.88 each. No questions asked.

I get it if you don’t have a local supplier of good pellets at an affordable price but I personally don’t like ordering pellets online. Done it a couple times and I get a bag of pellets per box, and in an oversized box as well. Sometimes the bag is ripped open and pellets all over the place in the crushed and mangled box it shipped in. I’m fortunate to have several brands near me that I like including at a rural king 5 miles away. So I am lucky to be able to have a short drive to get them. I just never seen them before getting my 700, never looked for them so didn’t know I had local options till I started talking to other pellet owners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back