Low pellet supply

GLF35

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I am getting low on pellets and have been using LJ for the past couple of years, but they are no longer available in my area! My two choices are either Pitt Boss or Bear Mountain! Any suggestions on which is the better alternative?!

Thanks guys! I just read on the forum that Cabellas pellets are packaged/made by LJ. Anyone else heard that?

That was from me GLF. It was what an LJ rep told me. I use Bear Mtn and have been very satisfied.

Bear Mountain are good but I use B&B 40 lb. Championship Blend Pellets. They are a blend of post oak, pecan and cherry.

If you have an Academy Sports near you a 40 lb. bag is $14.95. I wait until Academy Sports has spent $100 get percent off!

Best Greg

I lik B&B too, but only Albertsons sells them around here so they are kind of pricey, and they only sell hickory and mesquite.

I did grab a bag of the Kirtland signature pellets, but haven’t used them yet.

I lik B&B too, but only Albertsons sells them around here so they are kind of pricey, and they only sell hickory and mesquite.

I did grab a bag of the Kirtland signature pellets, but haven’t used them yet.
I've started using Kirkland/Costco pellets and have been quite happy with them so far.

I heard that about Cabela's too. As I really don't know, all I can verify is they do look the same as LJ but maybe more long pieces. I'm burning a bag now and have had no issues.

Looking at Bear Moutain too! Anyone have an idea what the difference between their $12.95 and $21.95 20lb blends are? We have a BassPro so I may give the Cabellas a try first since I have only been using LJ for the past 3 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back