Low and slow - Bullseye vs RT340 or RT590

HoustonGT

Just moved to a new house and my old pit boss vertical pellet smoker didn't make the move with me. I am intrugued by the versatility of the Bullseye, but have concerns that it won't provide as much smoke flavor for smoking pulled pork or a brisket. For those of you that have a bullseye and a RT 340 or 590, do you get similar smoking results with the bullseye? Thanks for any replies.

I have a 590 and when I want a lot of smoke I get piece of green pecan about the size of a number two pencil and stick it in my smoke tube and fill it up with hickory pellets. And then I will get some pieces of green pecan about an inch and a half or 2 inches around in about a half inch thick and laid on top of my heat diffuser. I always seem to get quite a bit of smoke and a green pecan I think gives it a pretty good flavor.

I have a Bullseye and Trailblazer. I use the Bullseye for all my hot cooks like chicken, burgers ect. I use the Trailblazer for low and slow smoking. The Trailblazer seems to hold temps better and the WiFi control is nice at assisting with long cooks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back