Lost Connection

Mike B.

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My Bull has lost its connection. It was connected just last week. I can't seem to figure this out. Is it a failure of the controller or is there a fix I haven't figured out? Thanks!

Last edited:
There is no real solid cure, a couple things that can cause such is the distance from the router, the number or makeup of walls between the 2, stone could be a no no. I get occasional disconnects, mine are 70' apart. You can try a wifi extender, they help some.

Once disconnected I've been able to reestablish by one of the following. Reset the controller, restart the app, have had to reload the app once or twice, and lastly, moving the smoker closer till it connects then moving it back. Any of the above I do sometime after the cook, as long as the grill holds temp I can manage fine using the control panel. But that's just me.

There is no real solid cure, a couple things that can cause such is the distance from the router, the number or makeup of walls between the 2, stone could be a no no. I get occasional disconnects, mine are 70' apart. You can try a wifi extender, they help some.

Once disconnected I've been able to reestablish by one of the following. Reset the controller, restart the app, have had to reload the app once or twice, and lastly, moving the smoker closer till it connects then moving it back. Any of the above I do sometime after the cook, as long as the grill holds temp I can manage fine using the control panel. But that's just me.
Thanks for the response. I know it's not the distance, it's just outside my back door. I'll try resetting the controller and restarting the app.

I can manage without too, but monitoring the preheat and temp probes sure is handy from my recliner!

Don't recall exactly, but I think I may have rebooted the router at some point too.

They should put an Ethernet port on these bad boys. You could then use a power line adapter to get connectivity to the grill.

I had this very same issue a couple weeks ago. Could not get the dang thing to reconnect. What solved mine was a simple reboot of my wireless router. It was weird.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back