Looking to purchase an RT-590, question about having it on a balcony

Looking to purchse rt -590 question about having it on balcony. does anybody have this grill on balcony? pictures welcome. Currently have weber genesis in that place. but i was wondering that it will be to close to railing and siding. in manual it says 60' away from things. I had my weber for 15 years in that place with no problems. What do you guys think?
I have my 590 on my outside deck second floor for three years with no issues. Originally I had it about 4" from the railing, but notice that the railing was getting pretty hot. I tend to grill at 550-600 degrees, so I move it to 8" and it works just fine.

I am thinking about buy a fire extinguisher, just in case of grease fire but so far (fingers crossed) it have not been an issue.

Best Greg

Attachments

• bbq1.jpg
    bbq1.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 81
  • bbq2.jpg
    bbq2.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 76
I have a Genesis right next to my 590 and both are 6-12" away from the fiberboard wall. Granted I'm cooking on a pad next to my garage, but I haven't noticed any smoke marks or heat issues on the wall. The Genesis lid is much larger and when open is much closer to the wall than the 590's, so you can save some space there. To each their own.

Sue happy world caused this..protect your ass . . .
That is what it’s all about. But I am waiting for a lawsuit based on the injured plaintiffs inability to wade through all the warnings and properly absorb the directions. If I’m on the jury, they gettin’ a whole bunch of money!

Looking to purchse rt -590 question about having it on balcony. does anybody have this grill on balcony? pictures welcome. Currently have weber genesis in that place. but i was wondering that it will be to close to railing and siding. in manual it says 60' away from things. I had my weber for 15 years in that place with no problems. What do you guys think?
I have my 590 on my wooden deck. I do make sure there is clearance around it when using it. I have plenty of air circulation aroid it as well. I bought an oil drip pan from the local Napa to place underneath it just in case a any grease dropping on my. I have yet to have a drop of anything on it. I am very adimant about cleaning it every other cook or after a pork shoulder/brisket that is gonna give off alot of grease. I also place a thin cooking tray below the grates, under the meat, to collect the bulk of the mess. Just my 2 cents. Nice looking deck by the way. Good luck

Here is my 590 on a covered deck had it there for 3 years no problems

Attachments

• 2D1DB0B6-F32E-42D9-A462-978308E94E1D.jpeg
    2D1DB0B6-F32E-42D9-A462-978308E94E1D.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 76

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back