Looking for the Jiggle

Dwight Smokem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
So, I have instagram, and bc of follows and such, it loves to show me what people are cooking. I must admit, I am having some brisket jiggle envy. Many of these guys throw down a dark bark and jiggle that makes me want to throw dollar bills at it. This lead to a buddy of mine and I talking about how we can achieve that result, a lot of searching alone, etc etc. But I figured I'd trust those on here to get opinions. How does one achieve something like this... https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv9Rem3hPBo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

And how did they cook that for 22hrs without being dry?

Looking for tips and tricks on the Jiggle...

I have a 16lb Wild Fork prime brisket that I will be attempting to have ready to slice by 4pm Saturday after smoking in single digit temps outside. Should be a fun cook.

I have had several +20 hour cooks of prime brisket on my pellet grill. I typically buy the Costco prime anywhere from 18-25 lbs and calculate 1hour per pound plus 2 hours for the rest period. My most recent cook included a ~17lb (post trim) Brisket and 2 Pork Shoulders of around 10lbs each. Interestingly, the pork took longer than the Brisket due to their fat content. To get maximum “jiggle” let it ride until the bark sets (usually around 165IT) then wrap with pink butcher paper and let it ride to around 195F. (It is important to also remember that if you do a backyard trim you will get more jiggle and cooking time than if you give it a competition trim.) Once achieved, the carry over will usually take it to 200-203F and it can rest in an insulated cooler for 2-4 hours, or in a pizza oven on 160 for over 10 hours with no deleterious impact on the quality of the meat. Have fun and get your dolla-dolla bulls ready for the jiggle patrol.

I just recently started using the peach paper. Cutting into the brisket last night, I remembered the jiggle thread. Coincidence? I don't know - but the brisket was wigglin' all over the place. I've done lots of briskets successfully, no wrap. Can't remember any of them dancing on the cutting board like this one. It's got to be the peach paper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back