Looking for advice. Does anyone own a rt-1250 and a Bullseye?

BillsCamo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
  2. RT-1250
Hello all. I just got a 1250 with sear kit and love it.

I have been watching the Recteq youtube videos and noticed the chefs use the Bullseye a lot more than the drums.

I got thinking my 1250 might be overkill for something simple on a weekday like a few quick burgers or steaks.

I know both go up to 700 degrees. Would the flavor profile be better for quick cooks on the Bullseye without the drip pan and direct flame?

I am also assuming the Bullseye would use less pellets and get to temp faster?

Obviously, having one unit would be less headache and money saved. In the end I am on the fence and looking for some advice from anyone with both grills before making a decision.

Thank you for any help in advance!

I have both, love my 1250 but use the bullseye WAAAAAAY more. I basically asked similar questions to you a few months ago and I'm happy I pulled the trigger on the bullseye. Just be sure to get the grill grates and the griddle for it.

Well, I don’t have a 1250 but I do own multiple recteqs so I’m somewhat qualified to respond. I think the Bullseye is an amazing grill, but I suspect there is nothing it can do that you can’t already do on the 1250. I believe the Bullseye excels at grilling while the other recteqs excel at low and slow cooks,, but clearly they all can do both.

Get the Bullseye. And the GrillGrates kit for it. I got to use a Bullseye during the recteq Academy and ended up buying one while I was there.

I have a 590 and find I use the Bullseye more. In addition I have a Weber Genesis that I have not used since getting the Bullseye.

I have a 700 with an upgraded motor and a Bullseye. Since getting the bullseye the 700 only gets used for low and slow. The heat gets to the cook differently from the 700 (1250 in your case) plus the Bullseye is much easier to clean. As far as I’m concerned RecTeq should offer to bundle the Bullseye with the 590 on up in their lineup.

I have the 700 and the bullseye. While the 700 gets used mainly for lower cooks, I have had it up to 650 with gg on it before I got the bullseye. The bullseye is my “daily” cooker because of work week time. Both have their place if you can afford it🤘🏽

Thanks to all who have posted. I still like good old-fashioned lump or mesquite charcoal for some things, but I often think about a PK or a Bullseye (unlikely both) to round out the stable. My aging Weber kettle often looks like I feel these days, worn out and tired!

I have both, love my 1250 but use the bullseye WAAAAAAY more. I basically asked similar questions to you a few months ago and I'm happy I pulled the trigger on the bullseye. Just be sure to get the grill grates and the griddle for it.
I have the sear kit for the 1250. Most have said the Bullseye is the weekday pick. When I bought the 1250 Recteq had a add a Bull option but I figured that’s be a total waste of money because the 1250 sears with a sear kit.

Since you have both, would you mind elaborating more on what you like about it in comparison to the 1250 please?

Question... Can you grill a steak on the Bullseye without imparting too much smoke? Not a fan of smoked steak, but the convenience of the Bullseye is quite compelling compared to my more conventional Kamado.

Question... Can you grill a steak on the Bullseye without imparting too much smoke? Not a fan of smoked steak, but the convenience of the Bullseye is quite compelling compared to my more conventional Kamado.
Low temps give smoke.

I have the sear kit for the 1250. Most have said the Bullseye is the weekday pick. When I bought the 1250 Recteq had a add a Bull option but I figured that’s be a total waste of money because the 1250 sears with a sear kit.

Since you have both, would you mind elaborating more on what you like about it in comparison to the 1250 please?
The 1250 heats up quickly but in my opinion the bullseye gets to temp much quicker. I've never actually timed it so it may be my bias but if you're interested I could time both to a few specific temps. It also uses a lot less pellets(although riot mode really eats the pellets).

I don't have the griddle or grill grates for the 1250 but I do for the bullseye, the griddle is AMAZING, must buy, it's large and easy to access the entire griddle with the lid open on the bullseye and the temp doesn't drop much as the griddle takes the majority of the space.

The bullseye is my go to for steaks and burgers now with the grill grates.

I don't know your situation with patios and if you move your grill or ever take it anywhere or not? I have an extremely large covered patio where all of my grills and smokers live but I also do competition cooking and have the comp cart for the 1250. 1250 goes to every comp with me but it's a heavy beast that even with the comp cart and huge casters is a pain to move. Bullseye is super easy to move, take places, tailgate with.

Hit me up on private message I can send you some videos and such of the bullseye if you want.

Hello all. I just got a 1250 with sear kit and love it.

I have been watching the Recteq youtube videos and noticed the chefs use the Bullseye a lot more than the drums.

I got thinking my 1250 might be overkill for something simple on a weekday like a few quick burgers or steaks.

I know both go up to 700 degrees. Would the flavor profile be better for quick cooks on the Bullseye without the drip pan and direct flame?

I am also assuming the Bullseye would use less pellets and get to temp faster?

Obviously, having one unit would be less headache and money saved. In the end I am on the fence and looking for some advice from anyone with both grills before making a decision.

Thank you for any help in advance!

I have the 1250 and the Bullseye, and use the bullseye much more frequently. I use the griddle on it for great smash burgers, and I have the grill grates for doing steak and burgers. There is no grease trap on the bullseye, so its not a good solution for slow cooks with fatty foods. I definitely recommend the Bullseye for things you would have done on a charcoal or gas grill, just put it on a pad in case it leaks, and after several cooks, use a plastic putty knife and get the grease out of the bottom.

The 1250 heats up quickly but in my opinion the bullseye gets to temp much quicker. I've never actually timed it so it may be my bias but if you're interested I could time both to a few specific temps. It also uses a lot less pellets(although riot mode really eats the pellets).

I don't have the griddle or grill grates for the 1250 but I do for the bullseye, the griddle is AMAZING, must buy, it's large and easy to access the entire griddle with the lid open on the bullseye and the temp doesn't drop much as the griddle takes the majority of the space.

The bullseye is my go to for steaks and burgers now with the grill grates.

I don't know your situation with patios and if you move your grill or ever take it anywhere or not? I have an extremely large covered patio where all of my grills and smokers live but I also do competition cooking and have the comp cart for the 1250. 1250 goes to every comp with me but it's a heavy beast that even with the comp cart and huge casters is a pain to move. Bullseye is super easy to move, take places, tailgate with.

Hit me up on private message I can send you some videos and such of the bullseye if you want.
Thanks for the info and reply.

I was just seeing if the Bullseye was worth the investment already having the 1250. Most people that told me to get it didn’t have a 1250 but had a 700 or lower. Some that have a 1250 said not to bother as the taste difference is minimal. It’s the wife and I and 2 toddlers so on the weekdays I figured the 1250 is a waste of pellets for 3 burgers. That’s what sparked my interest for the Bullseye. I wouldnt be taking it anywhere.

Upon my research online one thing I noticed was many complaining that it has temp swings which isn’t a big deal for hot and fast but would be for low and slow. Many don’t have this issue and do ribs no issue but many have the issue which caused me to pump the breaks on buying.

I don’t have a lot of space for it but I could swing it. If you wouldn’t mind sending me the videos that would be awesome! Thank you

Thanks for the info and reply.

I was just seeing if the Bullseye was worth the investment already having the 1250. Most people that told me to get it didn’t have a 1250 but had a 700 or lower. Some that have a 1250 said not to bother as the taste difference is minimal. It’s the wife and I and 2 toddlers so on the weekdays I figured the 1250 is a waste of pellets for 3 burgers. That’s what sparked my interest for the Bullseye. I wouldnt be taking it anywhere.

Upon my research online one thing I noticed was many complaining that it has temp swings which isn’t a big deal for hot and fast but would be for low and slow. Many don’t have this issue and do ribs no issue but many have the issue which caused me to pump the breaks on buying.

I don’t have a lot of space for it but I could swing it. If you wouldn’t mind sending me the videos that would be awesome! Thank you
Buy the Bullseye. I have both and love them. I use the 1250 mostly for my long cooks (butts, brisket) and when I need to feed a lot of people. I will usually run the 1250 all night on my long cooks and monitor it with my phone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back