Long time griller/Bradley smoker, first time pellet griller.

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey Rec Tec land. I’m new to pellet grilling and I’m making a bunch of chicken breasts at 350. I don’t see any smoke coming from my new Bull. I’m using Lumberjack pellets. The temp is staying nice and consistent. Is it just not smoking because I’m at the higher “baking” temperature and not a lower smoking temp?

Yep. 350 is pretty high for smoke. I cook chicken at 275-300 but it takes a couple of hours. Good luck.

Hey Rec Tec land. I’m new to pellet grilling and I’m making a bunch of chicken breasts at 350. I don’t see any smoke coming from my new Bull. I’m using Lumberjack pellets. The temp is staying nice and consistent. Is it just not smoking because I’m at the higher “baking” temperature and not a lower smoking temp?
The higher the temperatures on these Rec Tec pellet grills or any other pellet grill will not show smoke when cooking at these 350+ degree temperatures. Smoke tubes work great to make up for this.

For chicken, I do about 1hr on low and then jack it to 300+ or use tube for additional smoke which I do quite frequently.

I have the Bull and also 2 Bradley smokers, the old non-digital and a newer digital. I would have to say that the smoke from the Bradley is excellent and always right on. The Bradley takes a long time to get to temp and for sure doesn't get as hot as the Rec Tec. I have the cold smoke attachment for the Bradley and it works great. When I smoke cheese or salmon or even coffee, it is perfect. If you want more smoke on the Rec Tec than you get at 180, get a smoke tube, works pretty well and is easy to use. Welcome to the Rec Tec lifestyle! ??

I have the Bull and also 2 Bradley smokers, the old non-digital and a newer digital. I would have to say that the smoke from the Bradley is excellent and always right on. The Bradley takes a long time to get to temp and for sure doesn't get as hot as the Rec Tec. I have the cold smoke attachment for the Bradley and it works great. When I smoke cheese or salmon or even coffee, it is perfect. If you want more smoke on the Rec Tec than you get at 180, get a smoke tube, works pretty well and is easy to use. Welcome to the Rec Tec lifestyle! ??
Tell me about smoking coffee? You have piqued my interest.

Tell me about smoking coffee? You have piqued my interest.
Smoked coffee is kind of like coffee when you are out camping. I used to do it in the Bradley as a cold smoke. Now I use the Bull at 180. Just grind and pit out on a plate. Usually 3 hrs. Let cool and good to go. I grind first because I found that if you smoke the beans and then grind them, the smoke stays in the grinder for a long time. Let me know what you think after you taste it. ??

Fortunately 2 different things. My coffee has a smoke flavor like pulled pork or bacon. The other is actually smoking the coffee. Next they will say that smoking crack is bad for you. ?? Where do they come up with this stuff. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back