Light Blacked Out

Hilbe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Anyone else had their light completely blacked out from cooks? I turned the switch on and got nothing the other day and realized it was no longer visible. How does everyone clean it?

add a light scratch pad to it. I have not tried the oven cleaner. Will give it a shot. I have used dish soap and non-abrasive scratch pads and generally in 5 mins it is crystal clear. Although, i rarely use it so not sure why i clean it every time. Ha.

I bought some of those magnet spot lights for grills. Tiny things with led light that shines right on food. Arm is adjustable to point in any direction. Those things ROCK! I have the smoker box and put them there and angle the light on to the food. Much brighter than the RecTeq light was new.

I just soak it in hot water and dish soap then take an old toothbrush to it.

I actually removed my light completely and plugged the hole with a 1” stainless steel plug. Allows me to slide the large shelf all the way back. The light is absolutely worthless after a few cooks, unless you want to clean it after every cook. And even when clean, the light is pretty dim.

I actually removed my light completely and plugged the hole with a 1” stainless steel plug. Allows me to slide the large shelf all the way back. The light is absolutely worthless after a few cooks, unless you want to clean it after every cook. And even when clean, the light is pretty dim.
Good idea!

I keep a bottle of LA totally awesome I get at the dollar store near my grills. I don’t use it to clean the inside of anything but it’s great to clean grease and messes on my outdoor stainless tables. Anyhow, just a squirt on both sides and wait a few seconds to soak and it will wipe off like new again.

add a light scratch pad to it. I have not tried the oven cleaner. Will give it a shot. I have used dish soap and non-abrasive scratch pads and generally in 5 mins it is crystal clear. Although, i rarely use it so not sure why i clean it every time. Ha.

I bought some of those magnet spot lights for grills. Tiny things with led light that shines right on food. Arm is adjustable to point in any direction. Those things ROCK! I have the smoker box and put them there and angle the light on to the food. Much brighter than the RecTeq light was new.
Can you post a link to those lights!

I keep a bottle of LA totally awesome I get at the dollar store near my grills. I don’t use it to clean the inside of anything but it’s great to clean grease and messes on my outdoor stainless tables. Anyhow, just a squirt on both sides and wait a few seconds to soak and it will wipe off like new again.
I've soaked my grill grates in it before in a tub. Works great. Always wash them with soap and water afterwards, but it says it's non-toxic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back