Krud Kutter v. Weber Exterior Grill Cleaner

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I cleaned my grill today and used Krud Kutter, which was recommended in a You Tube video on cleaning the Bull. It was marginal, and I gave up on it. On a whim I decided to try the Weber cleaner that I had bought for a charcoal grill and never used. As soon as I sprayed it on, the difference was obvious. It cleaned areas that the Krud Kutter barely affected. The Weber cleaner is labeled "exterior," but there is no warning about using it in the interior.

I cleaned my grill today and used Krud Kutter, which was recommended in a You Tube video on cleaning the Bull. It was marginal, and I gave up on it. On a whim I decided to try the Weber cleaner that I had bought for a charcoal grill and never used. As soon as I sprayed it on, the difference was obvious. It cleaned areas that the Krud Kutter barely affected. The Weber cleaner is labeled "exterior," but there is no warning about using it in the interior.
Great post and information, I would never use a cleaner on the inside of the grill, maybe some vinegar to clean the RTD probe but the rest of the insides I let it go and just scrap off the flaky stuff from time to time and smoke on.

Last edited:
Give this stuff a try. Been using it over a year with good results. Available at HomeDepot. Works great on exterior. I wait until the flakes show up and remove with vacuum.
Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 1.44.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Do caustic chemicals add anything to the cook besides maybe killing you?

Now i dont try to get it new looking or the 'im a heavily used smoker" edge coloring off. But i do work on the interior grease to a point. My preferred product is awesome orange cleaner, get it at the 99 cent store around here. Its successfully easily cut grease from anything i have needed it cleaned up on. From caked on fryer to not cleaned enough bull. I love krud kutter and use it for many things but wouldnt as you have discovered, expected it to do great on the bull.

Just got this to try.

Brillo Cameo Aluminum & Stainless Steel Cleaner​

I believe that's what RT recommends. Please let us know your thoughts on the product.

I believe that's what RT recommends. Please let us know your thoughts on the product.
I’ve used it on the exterior of my Bull and my Weber, and it works. Just don’t use it with anything other than a soft sponge. Even if you try to go with the grain of the stainless, any abrasive sponge (even if billed as non-scratch) will scratch it. Cameo, soft sponge, elbow grease…

I’ve used it on the exterior of my Bull and my Weber, and it works. Just don’t use it with anything other than a soft sponge. Even if you try to go with the grain of the stainless, any abrasive sponge (even if billed as non-scratch) will scratch it. Cameo, soft sponge, elbow grease…
Thank you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back