Korea's First User

Banana mat soju

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Hello, I am a user who purchased RT-2500 for the first time in Korea. I am very disappointed and regretting my purchase in that it is like a large oven that cannot be smoked with a hard grillI'm looking for another way to smoke ㅜㅜ If there's a good way, please let me know

Could you explain a bit more what you are trying to accomplish? What types of meat will you primarily be cooking? That would help us give you some better feedback.

Keep in mind if youre using higher temps there will be less smoke production as well. Anything over 250 you begin to see less smoke due to the fire having to burn cleaner to keep your temps up. Try a smoke tube or having a period of low temps early prior to increasing temps.

Keep in mind if youre using higher temps there will be less smoke production as well. Anything over 250 you begin to see less smoke due to the fire having to burn cleaner to keep your temps up. Try a smoke tube or having a period of low temps early prior to increasing temps.
My BFG doesn’t smoke at any temperature. My 340 smokes great. I believe the pot is undersized BFG and doesn’t smoke because there is always flame in pot instead of smoldering to get smoke. We should not have to add devices to a smoker to make it smoke.

Smoke tubes are a great, cheap add-on to the pellet grill. High temps won’t get you what you’re after.

My BFG doesn’t smoke at any temperature. My 340 smokes great. I believe the pot is undersized BFG and doesn’t smoke because there is always flame in pot instead of smoldering to get smoke. We should not have to add devices to a smoker to make it smoke.
You have a larger area to warm in the BFG which will result in a hotter burning fire to maintain thus less smoke. I definitely understand the frustration but a 10 dollar smoke tube, despite you not feeling you should have to, will help. Good luck with you issue and I hope you find a resolution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back