Kirkland Signature Pellets

I have yet to run into any that flat out don’t work. I do have my favorite, but will use whatever if I can’t get them.

To put my opinion in perspective, I also notice almost no difference in taste between the “flavors”.
Maybe thats just personal taste buds? I cant tell a difference...are you using single flavors or "blends".....

That kinda points out my statement about fillers or base woods...example.... If most the pellets you are using are 40% oak or alder than they probably do taste the same.... Try some single 100% 1 wood pellets.... Or maybe some people just cant taste it like you say. But I know many that can.

Maybe thats just personal taste buds? I cant tell a difference...are you using single flavors or "blends".....

That kinda points out my statement about fillers or base woods...example.... If most the pellets you are using are 40% oak or alder than they probably do taste the same.... Try some single 100% 1 wood pellets.... Or maybe some people just cant taste it like you say. But I know many that can.

Agree with the taste and even smell of the smoke produced, so yeah IMHO the pellets do make a difference. I did some HUGE bone in center cut porkchops yesterday for dinner with the Kirklands..........so very good. I am doing my famous jalapeño parmesan meatloaf today on the 590, it's a family favorite every time. :) For the end result and price I pay for the Kirklands, they are certainly a keeper for me.

I just bought a couple of bags each of Bear Mountain Hickory and Royal Oak Charcoal pellets and plan to mix them 50/50. I've never used the charcoal pellets so I'm going to be curious as to how they work and if the smoke flavor/taste is different.

Agree with the taste and even smell of the smoke produced, so yeah IMHO the pellets do make a difference. I did some HUGE bone in center cut porkchops yesterday for dinner with the Kirklands..........so very good. I am doing my famous jalapeño parmesan meatloaf today on the 590, it's a family favorite every time. :) For the end result and price I pay for the Kirklands, they are certainly a keeper for me.

If it's not a trade-secret, would you mind sharing your recipe for that Parm Jalapeno Meatloaf, please? That sounds delicious!!
Thanks in advance.

Recipe please 🙏

1709398560408.png

I use both, at the moment I have Lumber Jack in hickory, but do get blends when that’s all I can get. Around here in the winter pellets can be a little scarce, mostly Bear Mtn and Pitt Boss, and occasionally LJ.

I do try to get LJ in hickory or cherry, I like the 100% idea, and LJ in particular for the small pellet size.

I figure it’s just me that can’t tell the differnces.

I just bought a couple of bags each of Bear Mountain Hickory and Royal Oak Charcoal pellets and plan to mix them 50/50. I've never used the charcoal pellets so I'm going to be curious as to how they work and if the smoke flavor/taste is different.
I am near the end of this same experiment with BM Hickory and Royal Oak Charcoal pellets. I am on the 2nd bag of Royal Oak and BM Hickory has been my every day pellet for a couple years now. While my taste buds allow me to recognize the difference between fine bourbon and the rot gut swill, I would appreciate hearing your reaction after you have formed an opinion of the mixture. I may be like @padlin00 when it comes to tasters......:unsure:

If it's not a trade-secret, would you mind sharing your recipe for that Parm Jalapeno Meatloaf, please? That sounds delicious!!
Thanks in advance.

Absolutely!!

Smoked parmesan jalapeno armadillo loaf "what a friend of mine's kids named it".

2 pounds 80/20 chuck
1 pound fresh ground pork
2 eggs
1 or more medium diced jalapeno's' "I do 2 medium/large".
3/4 cups panko or bread crumbs "I like the Italian seasoned panko".
1/2 half cup of BBQ sauce of choice "I like Stubbs original".
1/2 tbs of seasoning of your choice or more/less to your liking "I like McCormick perfect pinch steak seasoning".

Mix everything together by hand "literally" but don't overmix, I do more of a squeeze and fold method".
I put a light dusting of coarse or flaked salt and cracked pepper on top of meat once formed.
I use a medium aluminum pan that I buy in bulk from Costco, and I make into the shape of an "Armadillo".
I smoke at 250/255F and takes about 2.5 hours
I glaze the top when hits 150F with some thinned out BBQ sauce "I thin with apple juice or AC vinegar".
I pull at an internal of 160F

I have yet to have anyone I have shared with to say "this sucks", so I reckon that's a good thing. :)

Absolutely!!

Smoked parmesan jalapeno armadillo loaf "what a friend of mine's kids named it".

2 pounds 80/20 chuck
2 eggs
1/2 tbs of seasoning of your choice or more/less to your liking "I like McCormick perfect pinch steak seasoning".

Mix everything together by hand "literally" but don't overmix, I do more of a squeeze and fold method".
I put a light dusting of coarse or flaked salt and cracked pepper on top of meat once formed.
I use a medium aluminum pan that I buy in bulk from Costco, and I make into the shape of an "Armadillo".
I glaze the top when hits 150F with some thinned out BBQ sauce "I thin with apple juice or AC vinegar".

I have yet to have anyone I have shared with to say "this sucks", so I reckon that's a good thing. :)
Thank you @Motodad1776

Absolutely!!

2 pounds 80/20 chuck
2 eggs

Can't go wrong with that - very much appreciated!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back