Kinda quiet around here.

navydroid

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
Been pretty quiet on the forum lately. Anyone cooking or has life been holding ya back? Thinking about doing a pizza... What are you planning to cook?

Prosciutto and mozzarella stuffed chicken breast with the Rec Tec Greek seasoning. Also did a spatchcock chicken to nibble on during the week. Seasoned it with blackening seasoning and smoked salt.
rsz_img_20180826_181511_667.jpg

Sorry @navydroid, been pretty busy around here. I'm hoping to start promoting the site very soon, hopefully that will start sending more people this way as well.

Be sure to share the site on facebook or other social media sites. ;) :D

Been pretty quiet on the forum lately. Anyone cooking or has life been holding ya back? Thinking about doing a pizza... What are you planning to cook?

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the smoker gets more use during the summer than the oven. Just did a salmon last night that turned out great - and I don't really like salmon. The girl has some McCormick's seasoning she likes. That and then a little drizzle of honey. Tried alder this time... not sure I like it as well. I do need to do better at logging times/temps and wood type so I can go back and see what works better.

Salmon sounds good! Most of the recipes I see are for cold smoking though. What temp are you at? Using any sear plates?

Salmon sounds good! Most of the recipes I see are for cold smoking though. What temp are you at? Using any sear plates?
225 - no sear plates. Just skin down, the girl likes mccormick's brown sugar and bourbon seasoning and then drizzles a little honey on it. Takes about 2 hours, plus or minus a bit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back