Bull Keeping Drip Pan Clean

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Cleaning the drip pan is a bear. So I am motivated to keep drippings off it. A single layer of foil is not enough to prevent leakage and sticking. I have found that two layers of foil keeps it very clean.

So you want to keep drippings off of the "DRIP PAN"?? Okay...perhaps taking it out permanently and vacuum sealing it and then enclosing it in a sealed box will work.

Y'all are killing me with this nonsensical overthinking. IT'S A GRILL!! USE IT AS SUCH! :rolleyes:

There's a place a few miles south of us
They'll Teflon coat anything
Think that'll work ?

Last edited:
I read somewhere about putting 3 or 4 sheets of foil on it, then you peel off one after each use, till you get to the last, then add more.

That’s why I quit using foil. Every few cooks I take out the drip tray and put the end into a plastic garbage bag. I scrape everything off into the bag, tie it in a knot and toss it in the garbage. While I have the drip pan out I take out the heat deflector, vacuum the fire pot and replace everything. All told no more than 10 minutes.

Probably for the first year I had my recteq rt-700 I used foil. It never seemed to matter why type of foil, how many layers, or how I laid it down - grease always got under the foil. To clean it all off I always had to scrape it off along with all the stuck on and together pieces of foil.

Now I still scrape the grease off, I just don't bother with the foil anymore.

Yes, I foiled for about six months then figured out the best way was to just scrape it off. Very quick, easy, and cheap. No more foil wrinkles blocking the grease flow either, and no more cleaning below the foil that was still required for a spotless shine. Nothing wrong with foiling, but a waste of resources for me.

I'm in the foil crowd myself but has anyone tried spraying Pam on the bare drip pan to maybe ease cleaning? It might also work well under the foil too.

I'm in the foil crowd myself but has anyone tried spraying Pam on the bare drip pan to maybe ease cleaning? It might also work well under the foil too.

I caution using pam when doing high heat cooks. The pam will bake on and make it even more of a sticky mess...

They do making high heat and grilling pam but even those I would never use again..

By all means give it a try on low heat but I myself wouldnt with normal grilling temps..

I’m in the foil camp also. Yes, it is a grill. Doesn’t mean I shouldn’t try to keep it halfway clean, if that is what I want to do. It’s a shame that some folks feel the need to judge others that don‘t share their thoughts.

Since I have gotten my 590 in March, I have always foiled the drip pan. Personal preference. I lay a piece of heavy duty foil down and crimp the edges so it's tight on there. Then I take another piece of heavy duty foil lay it on top. When I cook, I simply remove that top layer and throw it away. I have never had a problem with grease under the foil. And it's just one more area I don't have to clean.

I stopped using foil. I bought Home Time oven liner. A161/2” by 70” roll On Amazon for $12.95. Cut to fit pan. Works great, just wipes right off or put in dishwasher.

My solution to the drip pan mess is not to use my Stampede anymore. I use my Bullseye for everything. If I have a long fatty cook in the Bullseye I use a foil drip pan and throw it away when done. The last time I used my Stampede I tried out a Traeger form fit foil that worked good. The 34 Series BAC410 size firs pretty good on the Stampede drip pan.

Attachments

• Foil Lt Side.jpg
    Foil Lt Side.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 141
  • Foil Rt Side.jpg
    Foil Rt Side.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 146
Hmmm.....I find nothing wrong with people asking questions, offering advice, making observations, etc. If it does not interest me or may be discussed in another thread, no big deal. I just skim over it.

I am new to pellet smokers and have just recently purchased a Bull. I have not posted much, but have read a ton of threads on this forum. Seems to me that there are many good posters that are knowledgeable and willing to help a newby such as me. That is why I continue to frequent this forum.

Most forums have folks that are socially challenged. I put up with it until I can't, then I move on. Life is so much better when I try to be kind, helpful, and display good manners.

Cleaning the drip pan is a bear. So I am motivated to keep drippings off it. A single layer of foil is not enough to prevent leakage and sticking. I have found that two layers of foil keeps it very clean.
I'm having trouble finding this offending question that Mlmurrah apparently posted. The original post only stated it was a pain to clean the drip pan, and actually offered a solution beyond the bare drip pan vs. single layer of foil discussions of the past. So we as readers have the choice to ignore or comment, but hopefully without opinionated insults that are not constructive for anyone. I read this forum to learn the wisdom of all the men and women members, especially since they may have more experience than I do. Show respect, earn respect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back