Kabob help

Bo Franklin

I have never made kabobs before and want to try it out on my RT-590. I have watched various videos about these and I have seen people use various meats (sirloin, Chuck roast, filet) As well as various marinades. What is your go-to meat for the kabobs and your marinades? How about cook times/temps.? If you have any recipes/tips for this process it would be greatly appreciated.

I usually use top sirloin for beef kabobs. I marinade the steak for at least 6 hours with balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, EVOO, and some Hefer Dust. Some onion, cherry tomatoes, peppers, and the meat turns out great. Reverse searing works really well to get some smoke flavor finishing on my Weber grill. Depending on how you like your steak will determine the cook time. I prefer medium rare.

I have never made kabobs before and want to try it out on my RT-590. I have watched various videos about these and I have seen people use various meats (sirloin, Chuck roast, filet) As well as various marinades. What is your go-to meat for the kabobs and your marinades? How about cook times/temps.? If you have any recipes/tips for this process it would be greatly appreciated.
Best lesson I learned when researching- they said to use different skewers for the veggies & meats as they need different times to cook

Started using Picanha (sirloin cap) from Costco. I usually cut mine into two finger thick steaks trim the fat cap to what I like and then dry brine them overnight uncovered and elevated in my fridge. I smoke these at 180 for an hour or so and then remove them and let them a rest a couple minutes before cutting cubes and skewering. Sprinkle you favorite dry rub on and cook at 400 till they are rare to medium. Start your veggies with the low smoke temp then finish with the kabobs . Hope this helps.

We've been using one of these to cook shish kabob this summer. Much better caramelization and no prep work (-skewers)
https://www.recteq.com/products/stainless-steel-bbq-tray#

Not the rec teq brand, I believe it came from Weber.

Give it a try next time !
EDIT: I cook these on the Weber Gasser.

Last edited:
1699999670567.png

These are pretty good, I like them better than just solid skewers. Also never though of using them on the recteq because you wouldn't get any kind of char on the meat/veg and that's kind of the point of a kabab for me.
The perforated woks already shown are nice since smoke can still get in there from the bottom.

Any steak that's on sale is good, pork loin/tenderloin is good if you get the seasoning right and don't overcook it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back